Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking @ this later

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...9460&logcode=p

anyone got any pointers, tips, heads ups for me?

i realise its probably not a 3.0l or a 3rd gen, but hey, ya gets wots ya can affords

mick.
    Last edited by wetdog; 16 October 2009, 15:23.

Worth £700 max mate. It's definitely a 2.4 2nd gen.

<edit> If you look around, there are later 3.0's for that sort of money.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

dont do it,as above,look on ebay,better bargains there,also 100 thousand miles is a alot,my 94 is on 118 thousand kilometers

Comment

The back bumper looks crooked too..might just be the camera angle.but judging by the fold in the front bumper maybe the previous driver wasnt very careful as it doesnt look as if its got much mud time.. also the tyres look about time for changing..so maybe it needs some tlc ..the rest same as above tho completely agree, i know money can be tight but maybe part exchange? i swapped my old knacked 2.4 paid 700 and got a half decent 3.0
        Last edited by wiggy; 16 October 2009, 16:03.
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

There was a very tidy looking 2.4 round here for sale (private) for £700 a few weeks ago, and it went very quickly. They are out there mate!

The 28 days warranty isn't worth a carrot either. If it breaks in that sort of time, 'not fit for purpose, money back' is statutory anyway.

Comment

You have to be mental to buy that for over a grand.
            If you buy it you will regret it. The last 2.4 with sold through SMC went for £300 and had 10 month mot and some tax
            Look in for sale section at the lovely 3.0ltr Albannach got for 1350.
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              The 28 days warranty isn't worth a carrot either. If it breaks in that sort of time, 'not fit for purpose, money back' is statutory anyway.
              They're legally obliged to warranty for three months, with it being a trader, aren't they?

Comment

cheers fella's, just saved me some cash and grief there...........i thank you

i'll just keep waitin then

mick.

Comment

Originally posted by wetdog View Post
                  cheers fella's, just saved me some cash and grief there...........i thank you

i'll just keep waitin then

mick.
                  i just looked on flea bay,theres loads on there

Comment

just had a look at pics, must say i like the front bumper damage(broke indicator, missing o\s trim and dent) rear bumpers definitely hanging down, i'd be pushed to offer them half what there asking, good thing is its got 12 mths ticket on it!
                    definitely better on the bay

Comment

Originally posted by guysturg1 View Post
                      good thing is its got 12 mths ticket on it!
                      Any trader worth his salt can 'get' an MOT. I wouldn't use that as a barometer.
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Do they work as barometers?

Comment

Originally posted by guysturg1 View Post
                          just had a look at pics, must say i like the front bumper damage(broke indicator, missing o\s trim and dent) rear bumpers definitely hanging down, i'd be pushed to offer them half what there asking, good thing is its got 12 mths ticket on it!
                          definitely better on the bay
                          Take another look at the o/s trim on that bumper then look at the n/s, very strange , definately a don't do it.
                          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by Shalershasker View Post
                            Take another look at the o/s trim on that bumper then look at the n/s, very strange , definately a don't do it.

Take a look at the 2.4 in the title line, save the time checking the rest.
                            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                              Take a look at the 2.4 in the title line, save the time checking the rest.
                              Neal

Comment

Working...
                              X