anti-roll bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti-roll bar

broke one of the brackets on the rear anti-roll bar so rather than having it flap around i took the whole thing off.
    Ihave not noticed much difference on the road but off road it has given me a good bit more articulation, however, when the spring on either side is fully stretched there is quite a load clunk, this i think is the shock topping out, so what i realy need to know is will this do any harm? as i was thinking of just leaving the bar off for good.
    mudnstuff.me.uk

Originally posted by Greebo
    broke one of the brackets on the rear anti-roll bar so rather than having it flap around i took the whole thing off.
    Ihave not noticed much difference on the road but off road it has given me a good bit more articulation, however, when the spring on either side is fully stretched there is quite a load clunk, this i think is the shock topping out, so what i realy need to know is will this do any harm? as i was thinking of just leaving the bar off for good.
    When I broke one of my anti-rollbar bushes I was advised to take it off. I replaced both of the bushes though ( £30 the set from Toyota main dealer). Another thing to try is anti-rollbar disconnects. You have the advantage of the anti roll bar in high winds, when being passed by high sided vehicles, sharp cornering etc, with the ability to disconnect them from inside the wheel arch for off roading. I always think that the vehicle manufacturer put them there for a reason. ( Is that why I did the EGR mod?).
    It's your choice. I'm sure someone else will have an opinion.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

your surf and mine look like a before and after shot
      mudnstuff.me.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Greebo
        your surf and mine look like a before and after shot
        The pic of my surf was taken before I changed the rear springs!She thinks she's a hot rod now.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by kitesurf_phil
          When I broke one of my anti-rollbar bushes I was advised to take it off. I replaced both of the bushes though ( £30 the set from Toyota main dealer). Another thing to try is anti-rollbar disconnects. You have the advantage of the anti roll bar in high winds, when being passed by high sided vehicles, sharp cornering etc, with the ability to disconnect them from inside the wheel arch for off roading. I always think that the vehicle manufacturer put them there for a reason. ( Is that why I did the EGR mod?).
          It's your choice. I'm sure someone else will have an opinion.
          Yeah but the manufacturer had to put the EGR on because of Goverment regulations not because it makes the car run better.

I don't think in most driving conditions many people would notice a lack of an anti roll bar, except if you regularly drive round a series of cones like in an autotest.

Cheers

Comment

That loud 'clunk' could be your driveshaft hitting off your fuel tank at full articulation! Just something to check!
            Derek :
            1990 Hilux Surf SSR Ltd
            [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]S[/U][/COLOR][/B]ave [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]U[/U][/COLOR][/B]p [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]R[/U][/COLOR][/B]eadies [B][COLOR=DarkOrange][U]F[/U][/COLOR][/B]ast. Cause you're gonna need them!

Comment

Working...
            X