Oil leak and water leak update.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
    Off to Dyfryn Ardudwy for long weekend with me woman so will have to wait till next week to fix it.

Paul1566
    Wow. Used to live a mile from Dyffryn in Talybont! And now I live just down the road from you. Are you stalking me?!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Apache cannot believe you lived in Talybont, if you fart while driving you miss the place its so small........
      We stayed at a small cottage directly opposite the dyffryn post office, was cold as buggery and the bed was made of slate.....
      would be great in the summer only a fart from the beach and with the mountains behind but this time was just bearable..... was warmer outside than in.
      Saw loads of surfs in north wales specially near Bala.

Just ordered me gaskets and bolts from roughtrax, they said they only do the 5 hole which is the thickest head gasket.
      Going to print out me bolt sequence later and laminate so when she goes back together in the rain later this week me laptop don't get too soggy.
      As for working on her i think i might employ the duvet over the rad techinque utilising my gut as a support releasing the pressure from my back
      or get one of those full body swings i seen in sexcetera to let me hover over the enginge bay in a prone position......
      Remember arrows are silent.....................
      Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Well me bits arived from roughtrax and its a pukka toyota head gasket.
        Bit miffed that i brought the full head set and the little gasket for the water pipe flange is not in there, had to go to toyota for one, only £1.76 but have to wait till thursday for it.
        There is no gasket for the water inlet pipe from the rad either good job i left that alone then int it....
        Exhaust gasket is the crap one same as the one i threw away when i did all that helicoiling and stuff a while back and i also got a spare turbo to downpipe gasket !?
        Did get nice rubbery rocker gasket and some funky rubber backed washers but i have not got a clue where they go.......
        Oh and a nice box of spangly new bolts.
        www.Toyodiy.com was great for the part number for the gasket, phoned main stealer and he typed in the number and told me the price no questions or cross examining at all.
        Worst of all i am back on the bus with the hip hop kids and the rollercoaster drivers from hell........

Comment

At last she is back together and running fine.....
          Only had 2 bolts and 1 nut left over and this time i actually know where they came from cus i put nice new shiny ones in........
          All she needs now is a test run to see if all is cured.....
          May just be me but she sounds smooooother.....
          Total cost for head gasket replacement for those whe want to know was..

Gasket set (including Toyota head gasket) & bolt set from roughtrax £122
          Extra gasket for water pipe from Toyota £2 (cus it aint in the full gasket kit, roughtrax know now, top blokes)
          Oil filter £7
          Oil 10ltrs £16 (cheap wilkos stuff)
          Anti freeze £11

That's £158 not bad i think.....

Still have all me knuckles and didn't break anything wooohooooo.

Must say was not that hard (except on me back) to do just need to have the right tools and a copy of the engine manual for torque settings etc.

Comment

Working...
          X