its in pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its in pieces

The surf is now in pieces and finally discovered the problem, pump pulley and cam pulley both one tooth out from bottom pulley, so new timing belt kit ordered. but have discovered bottom pulley or harmonic balancer has de-bonded, which now i have to get another anybody got a half decent one spare cheaper then £117 from roughtrax it would go to a loving home.
    Any thoughts on what damage (hopefully none) this may have caused.
    Hasnt been smoking idleing absolutley fine just no guts at all its a 1992 2.4
    curiosity is this caused through to crankshaft pulley skipping a tooth
    Me........... NEVER

the roughtrax one is a modified, it is cast as one so the de bond problem will not happen again!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
      the roughtrax one is a modified, it is cast as one so the de bond problem will not happen again!
      There's no bonded rubber insert on theirs?

Comment

just read thread Disaster strikes. about re gluing pulley whats opionions on doing this
        Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by tillytops View Post
          just read thread Disaster strikes. about re gluing pulley whats opionions on doing this
          No idea, but I am curious about the replacement being a solid unit. I seem to recall Snatch once mentioning that the rubber section was necessary to reduce stress on the crankshaft?

Comment

I would imagine it being rubber it acts like a bush of sorts, so glueing probably not such a good idea.
            Me........... NEVER

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
              I've heard the 3Ltr is supposed to be solid (never seen one myself) but not the 2.4Ltr.

Nev

Comment

Just remembered a previous discussion on this.

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=53152

Nev

Comment

yes its a solid pully no rubber all one part. i have had it fitted for a good year or so with no problems.

see here

http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=611&vid=139

Comment

The surf is now in pieces and finally discovered the problem, pump pulley and cam pulley both one tooth out from bottom pulley, so new timing belt kit ordered. but have discovered bottom pulley or harmonic balancer has de-bonded, which now i have to get another anybody got a half decent one spare cheaper then £117 from roughtrax it would go to a loving home.
                    Any thoughts on what damage (hopefully none) this may have caused.
                    Hasnt been smoking idleing absolutley fine just no guts at all its a 1992 2.4
                    curiosity is this caused through to crankshaft pulley skipping a tooth
                    I have one sat in my workshop, if you want to pay the postage it's your,
                    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

I remember that discussion, i believe bushy was gonna weld his up and me too if it worked, didn't someone say it'd shake the main shaft bushes to f##k?
                      Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                        I have one sat in my workshop, if you want to pay the postage it's your,
                        that would be great whats postage and is paypal okay ,your a lifesaver
                        just seen where you are wouldnt it be a problem and a wait? I know im a bit thick today, not very well.
                        Last edited by tillytops; 12 October 2009, 19:31. Reason: blonde moment
                        Me........... NEVER

Comment

that would be great whats postage and is paypal okay ,your a lifesaver
                          just seen where you are wouldnt it be a problem and a wait? I know im a bit thick today, not very well.
                          Not a problem at all, will be about 15 to 20 Euros postage, should if royal mail is not on strike take about 4 to 5 days, paypal is fine, will post tomorrow and let you know cost, i have a first gen, but also a nearly complete 2nd gen, run out of places to store stuff, and most of it i will never use.

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                            Not a problem at all, will be about 15 to 20 Euros postage, should if royal mail is not on strike take about 4 to 5 days, paypal is fine, will post tomorrow and let you know cost, i have a first gen, but also a nearly complete 2nd gen, run out of places to store stuff, and most of it i will never use.
                            Do you perchance have any spare 1st gen parts?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              Do you perchance have any spare 1st gen parts?
                              A few bit's Matt, what do you need,

Comment

Working...
                              X