5 - Correction resistance (Pump)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 - Correction resistance (Pump)

Ive refitted my pup after replacing the side seals and ive got the check engine light on and it tells me as above in the title. any suggestions people? Thanx in advance
    Surfin on the tidal waves of mud!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14537

Comment

that doesn't seem to say where they are or how to check them or anything from wot i can see?

Comment

Your correction resistors are set set to moderate fuel flow, so they can adjust fueling.... The resistance they offer will basically stop over/ under fueling.
        Does the truck run.. If it does, is it at half throttle
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by YoungOffroader View Post
          that doesn't seem to say where they are or how to check them or anything from wot i can see?
          I know, it just says what their function is.
          I can't find any other info about them .......yet.

Did you clear the codes after working on the pump?

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            Your correction resistors are set set to moderate fuel flow, so they can adjust fueling.... The resistance they offer will basically stop over/ under fueling.
            Does the truck run.. If it does, I'd or at half throttle?

starts and idles and runs sweet as a nut, minute ago the revs icked up a little on there own and the light went out then it came on again and the revs dropped

Comment

They are resistors within the loom from ecu to pump( can't remember if they are internal) it sounds as though you haven't connected the pump electrical feed properly
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

The connectors are on the side of the pump. Make sure the connections are sound and no wires are broken. You may have dislodged, or forgotten to reconnect, something whilst working on the pump. I'll dig a pic out shortly.

Comment

My advice.
                  Disconnect the positive terminals, leave the headlight switch on dipped beam( it won't flatten your batterys) it will allow the ecu internal capacitors to drain down. Leave it overnight and tomorrow morning check ALL connections are true and made well.
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Pic from the Oz site:

Last edited by MattF; 10 October 2009, 22:03.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                      I know, it just says what their function is.
                      I can't find any other info about them .......yet.

Did you clear the codes after working on the pump?

yer cleared the codes and the check engine light comes back on. ive read all the results and couldnt find anything previos on them

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post

Thats perfect Matt Great help. First light tomorrow i shall clean them and see if its better. but the neighbours don't like the constant running engine this late.

Comment

Thems the ones matt. I did the capacitive discharge and check of wiring on my old 2.4 when I had the pump replaced... Worked a treat
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                            Thems the ones matt. I did the capacitive discharge and check of wiring on my old 2.4 when I had the pump replaced... Worked a treat
                            Fortunately a chap in Wales is having a serious delve into increasing fuel economy on the Oz site and he posted that pic the other day. Perfect timing or what?

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                              Fortunately a chap in Wales is having a serious delve into increasing fuel economy on the Oz site and he posted that pic the other day. Perfect timing or what?
                              No chaps in Wales Matt, just blokes.

Comment

Working...
                              X