Windscreen Trouble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Trouble!

Hi folks...just a quick question, i took the truck to an carglass place to get a couple of chips repaired on the windscreen that have been there since i got it a while back....now here is the thing....even although the cracks are still there he has said that he cant fix them as they have been filled before.......is this right enough ( is there a way round this??) or do you think he just couldnt be bothered because they were about an hour to closing time???

As always thanks in advance!!

Rob
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

if it has been filled before and gone in same place they wont re-fill them and as far as im aware they cant fix cracks only chips im probably wrong but thats what i was told when they came out to mine
    Me........... NEVER

Comment

Cheers pal.. thats what they said but the marks were always there..... dont know if the previous owner did a botched diy job or not... oh well guess i shall see how long it lasts if no one else has any magic ideas!...please

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
        Cheers pal.. thats what they said but the marks were always there..... dont know if the previous owner did a botched diy job or not... oh well guess i shall see how long it lasts if no one else has any magic ideas!...please
        I got one here, just need to work out how to get it to you,
        www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Thanks Pal much appreciated ... shall speak with the wallet holder and do some searches tommorow and get back to you....

Many thanks again!

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
            Thanks Pal much appreciated ... shall speak with the wallet holder and do some searches tommorow and get back to you....

Many thanks again!

Rob
            Hi Wiggy, if it helps, i have a transporter dropping of my camper on Wedensday, leaving Thursday, arriving Ancona on Friday, if it helps i can send it with him,
            www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

hi mate, if a chip has already been repaired, the same chip cannot be repaired twice as the resin used, once cured, blocks any access for more resin to enter the cracks of the chip.
              windscreen repairs are a very hit and miss thing anyway, some repairs do indeed make the chip completely invisible but sometimes the chip can be repaired but the chip looks no different and sometimes the process of repairing a chip can make the chip worse and in worse cases render the screen unrepairable.
              and for those interested some insurance companies now charge a repair excess, usually £25, where they used to be free. it's worth phoning around for quotes for a repair as I charge £25, the same as the repair excess and if you can pay for it yourself you won't pay extra for next years premium.

Comment

Working...
              X