No announcement yet.

Intercooler without rear mounted spare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler without rear mounted spare?

I have been looking for a new surf but can't find what I want, I want a 3rd gen with intercooler and a under mounted spare wheel.
    There are a few intercoolers around for sale however they all seem to have a rear mounted spare which I'm not a fan of.
    Do they exist or is it only SSRG's that have the intercooler as they seem to have the rear spare as standard.
    I have time to be picky with what I buy but there's no point waiting for something that doesn't exist.
    Many thanks in advance
    Darren

I remember seeing one earlier in the year but they're as rare as rocking horse droppings !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Yes they do I have a 99 year model in Lexus silver.
      ionic SURFactant

Comment

A Surf without a rear mounted spare wheel just looks like a big estate car

A Surf should look like a 4x4 and so should have the spare mounted on a rear carrier
        Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by PDR View Post
          A Surf without a rear mounted spare wheel just looks like a big estate car

A Surf should look like a 4x4 and so should have the spare mounted on a rear carrier
          I know what you mean, I like the look but I chiefly use the surf for towing a caravan, The dog goes in a cage in the back, the bikes go on a tow bar rack and the caravan goes on the hitch I really don't want to add a spare wheel into that area aswell.
          I have now found 2 for sale with intercoolers and no rear spare but they're in japan still, one will come up in this country eventually.
          Darren

Comment

And that's why I have one without a spare on the back its more practical for towing and carrying bikes.
            Couldn't do with opening the farm gate they mount the spare on to open the boot.
            ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by steved View Post
              And that's why I have one without a spare on the back its more practical for towing and carrying bikes.
              Couldn't do with opening the farm gate they mount the spare on to open the boot.
              Don't suppose you want to sell it?

Comment

Sorry no to many holidays booked with the van.
                ionic SURFactant

Comment

Originally posted by steved View Post
                  I have a rear mounted spare and a cycle carrier that hangs from it, I open the "gate" with the bikes on, without having to undo anything just pull the lever and swing it open..

It's also handy to let you know when to stop reversing, you get a soft stop rather than a bang.

Comment

Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                    I have a rear mounted spare and a cycle carrier that hangs from it, I open the "gate" with the bikes on, without having to undo anything just pull the lever and swing it open..

It's also handy to let you know when to stop reversing, you get a soft stop rather than a bang.
                    That would work great I imagine accept when towing a caravan, the caravan would be in the way of the bikes swinging out meaning I have to unhitch the caravan to let the dog out.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                      That would work great I imagine accept when towing a caravan, the caravan would be in the way of the bikes swinging out meaning I have to unhitch the caravan to let the dog out.
                      Good point.

I don't do caravans so can't say yay or nay. But I guess it depends on the length of the drawbar.

Has anyone had experience of this?

Comment

Put the bikes on the roof - I'm stumpy and I used to do it without any hassle. No trouble moving the spare and opening the tail gate with the van on the hook either.

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Working...
                        X