problems!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems!!

ok im planning on the trip to wales so would like to get this sorted before i go!!

I have a light scraping sound coming from my near side wheel. it is rubbbing with the speed of the wheels! so i thought i had a stone stuck in the brake disk I took a look today removed pads and no stone all is free! what else could it be?? the pads are a bit worn but not to bad i will got some new ones this week just to be on the save side! but dont think thats the problem. any ideas??

check to make sure the back plate isnt rubbing.or it could be a warped disc.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Bronze bushes or a wheel bearing .........the bushes will sound like a wailing hammer drill ...... any play if you grab the drive shaft??
      ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

the noise is the same in 2wd and 4wd so thought that would not be the bushes?? is that correct? and i cant see anything rubbing on the disk!! seems worse now i have removed and refitted the pads!! on the drive shaft play do you mean up and down play or in and out play? to be honest there seems more play on the off side shaft than the nr side!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
          ok im planning on the trip to wales so would like to get this sorted before i go!!

I have a light scraping sound coming from my near side wheel. it is rubbbing with the speed of the wheels! so i thought i had a stone stuck in the brake disk I took a look today removed pads and no stone all is free! what else could it be?? the pads are a bit worn but not to bad i will got some new ones this week just to be on the save side! but dont think thats the problem. any ideas??
          OMG>>>>>> thats just started on mine today and i am fretting.... there's vibration from passenger footwell but not really on drivers side, and it sounds like a hammer drill as well..... its strong in 2WD but eases off in 4WD....

Comment

does it get worse going around a corner or turning the wheel? if so it could be the out CV joint.
            SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
              does it get worse going around a corner or turning the wheel? if so it could be the out CV joint.
              nah noise decreases on de-celeration, it sounds like theres a little kid hiding under ther truck and rubbing a stick on the threads on the tyre.....

Comment

no is is the same when turning but it is not a hammer drill sound mine is more of a metal on metal rubbing noise!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hiroler View Post
                  no is is the same when turning but it is not a hammer drill sound mine is more of a metal on metal rubbing noise!!!
                  ah sorry i misread at the start, my bad for hijack your thread :P

Comment

does the rubbing noise go when the pads are removed.????
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                      OMG>>>>>> thats just started on mine today and i am fretting.... there's vibration from passenger footwell but not really on drivers side, and it sounds like a hammer drill as well..... its strong in 2WD but eases off in 4WD....
                      could be a number of things,check all the heat shields make sure they are not loose,check the front prop shaft u/js,check the cv joints and wheel bearings,and if its none of those it could be the bronze bushes.check these by jacking the vehicle up on the front so wheels are off the ground and grab hold of the cv joint at the rear of the hub and see if there is any movement up and down.you will need quite a bit of movement say around 10mm or so in any one direction,there will always be some degree of movement.so a small amount is ok.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

It could easy be a pad wear indicator, A metal braket on the pad that rubs the disc when the pad is wearing thin, it may also be nothing atall to do with this as i cant remember if my pads had them when they were fitted,

Comment

Working...
                        X