stupid gear select problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid gear select problem

hi guys just wanted to clarify which position the larger lever should be in before enagaging/disengaging L4 as i have tried neutral / parked and L but just get grinding when i try and push the smaller lever into L4 or L2 (as if some sort of clutch isnt engaging.

4wd lights up on the dash ok

sorry for the dumb question never had to use it before and assumed it would be simple

also does any one have any more info on manual hubs and pics of how these are operated and if i actually have them

my truck is an l reg 2.4 auto ssr-g

cheers guys

in P or N and to a compleat stop
    i have the same car
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

cheers mate i tried that but if i select N then move small lever to the middle and try and push into l4 or h4 it crunches like as if the clutch isnt depressed enough on a manual i dont want to just ram it in and be picking gearbox teeth up

any ideas wot could be wrong

if i try it in parked i get a light on the dash stating at/p

cheers mate

Comment

To engage L4 you have to have the transmission in N. If it's grinding it may simply be that you haven't done it before/for a while and it's not lined up too well....or do you have a body lift??

When I had a 2.4 with a body lift, I couldn't get it into L4 as the lever couldn't move far enough forward until I'd hacked a chunk of the body out....

I'd just get it into N, make sure you have completely stopped and then try it again, and don't wimp out too muct when it starts to grind, just give it a shove and see if it engages...

This is likely to be seen by someone with far more mechanical knowledge than I have and shouted at as rubbish, but it worked for me....
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

thanks mate tried it again today and worked fine must have been out of alignment

how can i visually tell if my truck has free whelling hubs and is it a big job tightening these up as my last mot stated they where loose

cheers

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...9&postcount=90

Comment

Working...
            X