The time has come,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The time has come,

Hi all, well today we made the decision to put the house on the market, we are at the stage now where medical facilities in Greece, just cannot deal with my daughters condition anymore, so here goes, 80 m2 house, on 2011 m2 of land, 500 meters from the beach with sea views, will post some before and after pics below, note for mods, etc, should it sell through, or because of people from the forum, will make nice donation to the forum coffers,

We stripped out the whole interior of the house, floors walls etc, new damp proofing, new steelwork and concrete for floor, then retiled throughout,
    added garage and apotheke, huge veranda, new aluminium doors and windows throughout, rewired completely throughout, landscaped garden with stone walls, large driveway, new fitted kitchen, stone fireplace and arch,
    So if anyone has 250000 € laying about, looking for a home,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	house before work 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	1269196

Name:	house before work 2.jpg
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	1269197
    And it then went to this, after 18 months of swearing etc,

Name:	2008_0721ourpics0005.JPG
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	1269198

Name:	2008_0215ourpics0014.JPG
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	1269199
    No you can't have me Surf, you'll have to walk to the beach.
    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Sorry to hear that you are going to have to move from your beautifull home. But when its for your family the decision is made for you its just when not if.
    I hope everything goes smoothly with the sale and you find somewhere near to the facilities you need that you will be able to make into your new family home with no problems.

All the best. Ian
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Where are you going to?

Not back here surely? i dare say the place is even worse than when you left it. Ah well, we'll get the kettle on! The tea is the only thing left that doesn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth...
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
        Sorry to hear that you are going to have to move from your beautifull home. But when its for your family the decision is made for you its just when not if.
        I hope everything goes smoothly with the sale and you find somewhere near to the facilities you need that you will be able to make into your new family home with no problems.

All the best. Ian
        Thanks Ian, we have decided on France, as there was not a garden shed big enough in the uk, for us and our animal collection,, your right, we managed 4 very good years here, but always knew we were living on when not if, but hey ho, another adventure will hopefully begin,

Comment

Probably not a bad choice - assuming you get a place with a proper loo and not just a hole in the floor!
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Where are you going to?

Not back here surely? i dare say the place is even worse than when you left it. Ah well, we'll get the kettle on! The tea is the only thing left that doesn't leave a nasty taste in your mouth...
            Hi Apache, hopefully France, around the Limousin area, Uk is just out of our price range, got to give up work, so no mortgage, and the thought of living on benifits is a no no. but not to far to come for a cuppa, so kettle on, any digestives,

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
              Probably not a bad choice - assuming you get a place with a proper loo and not just a hole in the floor!
              We have been trawling the net, looking at property, and the amount of houses we have seen, with a picture of a bedroom and a lav sat in the corner, no walls curtains or anything, in the words of my wife, if you think i am moving to a house where i wake up and see you thrutching, think again,

Comment

"thrutching" i just had to google it and pi55ed meself at what it meant....
                "The name given to the "pressure" applied to the internal muscles required to push out a turd." ha ha ha ha
                Why not rent the place out to pay for the house in france ?
                I know that in france building regs are non existant, if you live in what you build and it falls down on you its your tuff stuff so be carefull what you buy....
                Remember arrows are silent.....................
                Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Originally posted by Paul1566 View Post
                  "thrutching" i just had to google it and pi55ed meself at what it meant....
                  "The name given to the "pressure" applied to the internal muscles required to push out a turd." ha ha ha ha
                  Why not rent the place out to pay for the house in france ?
                  I know that in france building regs are non existant, if you live in what you build and it falls down on you its your tuff stuff so be carefull what you buy....
                  Hi Paul, thought about renting, but it's a no no here, house rental here is ridiculously cheap, 300 to 500 amonth, unless you do holiday rentals, then it just gets stupid, but you got the hassle that goes with it.
                  The law here is crazy on renting, you have to pay the electric water etc, i have friends who have rented, and had electric bills for thousands of Euros, overa 2 month period, it can take upto 5 years to get people out, it is mostly ethnic Albanians here year round, very poor people, to give an idea, in the winter the population is 2500 people, after easter when the rich Greeks start to use there summer homes, it swells to 30 40000 people, plus tourists,
                  A friend of mine rents his house to some Germans, he gets 280 Euros a month for a 110 m2 house, he is lucky they said they would halve the electric bill,but he never stays there, and has never used any electric. Crazy crountry.

Comment

Well hope you get it sorted and find a house with a thrutching room......
                    Remember arrows are silent.....................
                    Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Sorry to hear mate. Where you going to move to?
                      How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Sorry to hear you have to move i sincerely hope everything goes well for you but on the plus side as you said close enough to visit on another plus side i cant visit you cos i am banned from france for life i hope things get better for your little angel
                        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                          Sorry to hear mate. Where you going to move to?
                          Hiya Bibs, La Belle Francais, or in English froggyland,D

Comment

Originally posted by evildwarf View Post
                            Sorry to hear you have to move i sincerely hope everything goes well for you but on the plus side as you said close enough to visit on another plus side i cant visit you cos i am banned from france for life i hope things get better for your little angel
                            Thanks mate, can't you take em to the european court, for discrimination against Evil Dwarfs,

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                              Thanks mate, can't you take em to the european court, for discrimination against Evil Dwarfs,
                              he tried that but there was something in the small print to stop him
                              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                              X