Hilux 3.4 possible return to surf ownership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilux 3.4 possible return to surf ownership

Hi i used to have an intercooled gen 3 surf two years ago and me and wife are missing the old beast .My question is it possible to get parts for the 3.4 petrol surfs exhausts etc .As i would be intrested in getting one imported and converted to lpg .I welcome any feed back on idea i do 18,000 miles per year and cannot live with 26-28 mpg from a diesal model cheers paul

If you're after fuel economy, no version of the Surf is going to be a miser on fuel. The cost of L.P.G conversion makes it counter-productive too, to a degree.

It's only my personal opinion, but it sounds like going with a more economical vehicle for everyday use would be a far more suitable option.

Comment

Other vechicle is boring

Hi thanks for reply i know lpg conversion is expensive but it is cheap compared to other fuelsin the long run, buying a surf is not about saving money i got a more economical van at the moment but its not a surf and i fancy having over 200bhp under my right foot

Comment

Simplest way to find out on the parts front, (and I can't see any reason why the dealers wouldn't be able to order in all parts for it), would be to go to the toyodiy.com site and have a search through the parts database for the model you're contemplating. If the parts are listed on there, the dealers should be able to order them in. Plus, a lot of the parts will be standard 3rd? gen type parts.

The only time you tend to run into problems with the parts is when you get a vehicle from the likes of South Africa. They have a somewhat different, (and, it would seem, independent), parts setup compared to the rest of Toyota.

Comment

Working...
        X