My Drive shaft broke!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Drive shaft broke!!!

i broke my drive shaft!!!! i am now running 4wd with just the front pulling me....

Now i need to price and new drive shaft for my 2nd gen ln130.....

no scrappies have any surf's in the greater dublin area.....

cost me £65 quid to have mi propshaft reconed
    mine broke too
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
      cost me £65 quid to have mi propshaft reconed
      mine broke too
      the rear uni just S**t itself today :

so now i am driving and finding it a little tough to park at home....

very narrow parking spaces....

Comment

I recall someone on here driving around for months with no rear prop shaft and the truck just using front wheel drive. If you search you most likely will find a lot of info that could help you.

Secondly, there are plenty of people breaking Surf's on here, I bet they would not have any trouble posting you the parts you need! Try the for sale section!

Also, how exactly did you break it? I reckon that this is how you done it -
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hZrRU67r78
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Try SUPERSURF or STORMFORCE.
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
            I recall someone on here driving around for months with no rear prop shaft and the truck just using front wheel drive. If you search you most likely will find a lot of info that could help you.

Secondly, there are plenty of people breaking Surf's on here, I bet they would not have any trouble posting you the parts you need! Try the for sale section!
            i have been hearing this lovely metal on metal grinding noise and today i finally jack up the truck and floored it to see where the noise was, sounded like the rear, went to look and hey presto uni had worn so bad from trying to spin my 32" and get donuts she gave up..... and its all well and good all you guys breaking Surf's in the uk but it cost an arm and a leg to post it, £160 for stormforce to send a pallet to dublin from cornwall :o

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
              the rear uni just S**t itself today :

so now i am driving and finding it a little tough to park at home....

very narrow parking spaces....

mine was rocking the truck then pulling off mi drive one day it went with a bang
              makes ya jump dont it
              am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                i have been hearing this lovely metal on metal grinding noise and today i finally jack up the truck and floored it to see where the noise was, sounded like the rear, went to look and hey presto uni had worn so bad from trying to spin my 32" and get donuts she gave up..... and its all well and good all you guys breaking Surf's in the uk but it cost an arm and a leg to post it, £160 for stormforce to send a pallet to dublin from cornwall :o
                Get Billy to send you one.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                  mine was rocking the truck then pulling off mi drive one day it went with a bang
                  makes ya jump dont it
                  just a little, not good for a hangover.... had a delayed arthurs day...

http://www.250.guinness.com.lbwa.ntt...250-index.html

Comment

Have you got anyone otherside of the border you could collect it from?
                    My other cars a QUAD
                    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                      Have you got anyone otherside of the border you could collect it from?
                      no... i only know ppl south of the border, stormforce mentioned someone in down patrick but thats a good 2hr drive.... no one seems to crash their surfs here in th republic, NONE in any of my usual scrapyards???? and since i bought surf i have seen about 8 different ones, and not seen one before that is mine breeding when i sleep at nite????

Comment

Drive shafts go from the diffs to the wheels .........you mention a uj .....DO You mean Propshaft????
                        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                          Drive shafts go from the diffs to the wheels .........you mention a uj .....DO You mean Propshaft????
                          My bad prop shaft..... been a mucky day today and it aint mud i was under surf for 6 hrs.... now she's not squealling anymore :P

Comment

Working...
                          X