No announcement yet.

Starter refurbed still no go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure where it is,but when you touch the brake pedal to put it into gear there should be a click. If it's not clicking though, I dint think you can select a gear. You get the same symptoms if a brake light is out.
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yea, I think its the relay on the off side wing, I've taken the starter motor off going to order new on monday. Have all the Gods retired "Vince" help me.

Comment

If you have already taken the starter off, might as well take it apart and clean it with WD-40. Check all the contacts for burns and possible things that could stop it from working

Bet there is something amiss!

(I looked that word up using a thesaurus. I'm learning. )
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

New contact kit fitted. Gunna order new starter mon , will post results.

Comment

Sorry I wasn't much help.biggest problem with an auto,once the starter is mullered you ain't going no where.
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I reckon it's a battery problem.
              Either they're not giving full starting power or there's a loose cable somewhere.

p.s. It won't start in any gear due to the inhibitor switch at the base of the shift lever. It'll only start in 'P' or 'N'.
              Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 26 September 2009, 20:25.

Comment

Surf up and runnining again. It was a broken wire inside starter, repaired and all is good again. That explains why the fault appeared so quickly. Saved myself £150...glad about that.

Comment

Glad it's sorted matey
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

I'm just glad you have it sorted!
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Thanks guys so am I. Four out of my five days off laying under my truck were not much fun.

Comment

At least you weren't trying to do it in the rain. That would have been a pi$$er!!
                        Mike G

Comment

Working...
                        X