3rd gen bash plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen bash plates

Howdy folks, Anybody know a place that sells 3rd gen bash plates or guards or whatever theyre called??
    I'l be going offroad in a few weeks time & i reckon its a matter of time before my sump or rad takes a serious knock.
    Yes i did use the search button. No i couldnt get a definitive answer.
    Would they be difficult to make?
    Apologies for yet more dumb questions.

It'll have to be custom made I reckon. The only ones I've seen for the 3rd gens is the Budbuilt (google it) versions

Comment

Thats exactly what im looking for bushwhacker. http://www.budbuilt.com/new/96-02%204Runner.html
      It seems like reasonable money 190euro (£175) for the item but the cost of the postage from the states would be ridiculous.
      Do you think it would still be worth it? Or should i just try to build one out of 5/6mm steel?

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
        Thats exactly what im looking for bushwhacker. http://www.budbuilt.com/new/96-02%204Runner.html
        It seems like reasonable money 190euro (£175) for the item but the cost of the postage from the states would be ridiculous.
        Do you think it would still be worth it? Or should i just try to build one out of 5/6mm steel?
        hey crusher, where abouts in ireland ar you??? i have a nice guard on my surf, i can drop off if you want to have a look and use for a template, its medium duty steel with 2 25mmx50mm box iron bars running front to back for protection, only had it off last week removing unneccessary AC rad, and a wheel barrow of solidified mud

if your interested drop me an email : robertjenglish@hotmail.co.uk

Comment

Hey Bigbobe thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i have a 3rd gen surf & i think the bash plates you have are for a 2nd gen?
          Dont think they would fit. I could be wrong.
          Im in Munster by the way.

Comment

Hey Bigbobe thanks for the reply. Unfortunately i have a 3rd gen surf & i think the bash plates you have are for a 2nd gen?
            Dont think they would fit. I could be wrong.
            Im in Munster by the way.
            where abouts, i will be down in cahir co. Tipp in a couple of weeks, if ya want to have a look your more than welcome.....

Comment

Hey BigBobE where do you go offroading in ireland? Ive been on 1 trail with munster 4x4 in the Nagle mountains. It was an excellent day out but it was 80euro for the day which is pretty expensive for a few hours laning.
              Would you be interested in a bit of offroading if we could organise a few irish (or anybody) members of this website to meet up?
              Wish I was able to get over to England/Wales to have a go at their offroading/greenlaning trails.

Comment

Would you be interested in a bit of offroading if we could organise a few irish (or anybody) members of this website to meet up?
                Wish I was able to get over to England/Wales to have a go at their offroading/greenlaning trails.
                ATM i am heading for curragh camp and the 4x4 track, i would be up for trying to organise something, only have truck 5 weeks so need to get a few ore bits done to it before i tackle nything serious,

i would defo be interested, i have a couple of buddies in pjaero's and a Q7 () who like to go offroad so lets see what we can come up with....

Comment

Originally posted by BigBobE View Post
                  ATM i am heading for curragh camp and the 4x4 track, i would be up for trying to organise something, only have truck 5 weeks so need to get a few ore bits done to it before i tackle nything serious,

i would defo be interested, i have a couple of buddies in pjaero's and a Q7 () who like to go offroad so lets see what we can come up with....
                  Sounds good. Let me know when your up for it & we'll post a thread to get the ball rolling.
                  By the way if its serious stuff you want to be able for i can highly recommend Kumho KL71 mud tyres. Got em a couple of weeks ago & i cant believe how quite they are on motorways & they're awsome offroad.

Comment

Sounds good. Let me know when your up for it & we'll post a thread to get the ball rolling.
                    By the way if its serious stuff you want to be able for i can highly recommend Kumho KL71 mud tyres. Got em a couple of weeks ago & i cant believe how quite they are on motorways & they're awsome offroad.
                    at the moment i have Nexen Roadian MT 31x10.5x15

Comment

Working...
                    X