Help me out please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    You have a spare engine? Out of curiosity, (says the chap who's asking regarding a spare ), why?

Salisbury plain mud and my head Leaks oil ( i do not think that the head bolts are tight enough)......i have the engine from sledges old truck with gearbox in the garrage ......new head and clutch (by tonyn)

was got as a backup
    Last edited by BioHazard; 25 September 2009, 07:48.
    ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
      TBH mate, I'd look at a 3rd gen if I was in your position.
      Or a Landcruiser?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

you gotta lexify it you know you have to its willing you to then bushwacker cant say his is faster than yours any more and it sounds the dogs nuts
        I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          Oh dear... Soul? Style?

Sorry, forgot, you have an extra from Fast and Furious don't you?

Funnily enough, they dont do a 4x4. They stick to what they're good at, unlike Porsche, BMW, Mercedes and the like who just grabbed at a market share with crappy excuses for 4x4s.

TBH mate, I'd look at a 3rd gen if I was in your position.
          Ha ha - just not a fan thats all. out of the 3 I know 2 are a pile of crap.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

every third gen surf i see in london has an african prince in it driving it badly
            I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
              Or a Landcruiser?
              Not for me. Too big and thirsty.
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

In my pre move clearout, ihave a head, removed from engine, plus injectors removed from head, which if you want you can have, have some friends going back to uk soon, can send it with them, then all you need is a surf train
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

If yours is in good condition & has a few more years left in the body work then i would v8 it, you need to buy an engine anyway "well most of one" so why not go the whole hog, if you can afford it.

The ball is in your court mate, you've probably already made up your mind before you posted this thread.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                    My thoughts are if you buy another - who's to say what will go wrong. Least you know your own truck an what you have replaced etc.

I will fix or change engine in mine rather than start again.
                    I'd have to agree with Bibs in theory but I'd cost it to see if it was worth the repair, against buying a 3.0l.

eg: £1200+ for head repairs or cheap 3.0l

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when tho !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

If the body, interior and the rest of the running gear are as you want them then go the V8 route
                      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
                        If the body, interior and the rest of the running gear are as you want them then go the V8 route
                        WOW, dayjarvoo.

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          The ball is in your court mate, you've probably already made up your mind before you posted this thread.
                          I honestly haven't decided, yet!

Paul's offer of a head would cut the cost of repairs down quite a bit, but still looking at a couple of hundred quid?

I can get anything I want from a scrapped Lexus LS400 for £450 (I hope), maybe even pick a runner up for less? So not much more as far as initial outlay goes? Obviously some more custom parts will be neded. The scrapper has been LPG converted, I'd get all the gubbins for that in the price.

Ability isn't an issue (contrary to some folk on here's opnions, I am not too bad at yon mechanical stuff) but time and time of year is.

Body and chassis wise, the truck is in not bad nick. The running gear is either new, or I have new bits in my shed ready to fit. If I had a garage, or somewhere to do it, my decision would be easier. But at the moment, I'm working out in the road.
                          Last edited by Albannach; 24 September 2009, 23:45.
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Hummmmmm, its a bit of a catch 22.

Comment

Just think about weather you wanna keep the truck for a good few years longer.

Theres no point in V8'ing it an then wanting rid soon after!

Your a sensible bloke an you've got your head screwed on! I'm not going to offer any advice but i will say.. "im sure you'll get it right"

Comment

You didn't say you were working in the street. Thats a completely different ball game.Been there.done that and hated it.Between trying to keep an eye on your tools, fend off stupid questions from smart arse fecking idiots "of course its broke or I wouldn't be working on it tw@" and keeping your legs out of the way of passing cars, any job takes at least twice as long as it should. I'd have to say get rid and get a 3ltr. What Gen or age would be up to your wallet (or sporran). You have the knowledge and the experience to sort yourself a good 'un. They are out there at sensible prices.
                                I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Working...
                                X