Best Mixed Tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Mixed Tyres

Ok I have done the Search and found not a lot so I thought I would ask the general consensus.

I have noticed that a couple of my tyres are low and thought I would start the hunt and save.

What’s the best Road / Off Road tyre for general going to and from work, I don’t do masses of mileage but Motorways are not out of the question I would also like to do some green laning and in the future I want to buy a second set of Wheels and tyres for doing this but at the moment!!!!!

Who uses what????
    Always room for more power!!!!

I've used quite a few brands on my off road vehicles.
    the worst for on/off road were pirelli scorpion muds (wore down quick)
    The best were BFG All terrains.
    Today I looked at the new Gen BFG muds, they are sweet.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

In my limited experience I can recommend General Grabber AT2's.

The have got me out of a couple of muddy holes, but still worn well over the last year I have had the Truck.

Looking at prices for replacing them, and they aren't too expensive either.

Comment

i have g/g at2 they are excellent tyres off road/snow/on road

Comment

I use these

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...hot-Mudder.htm

as do few other people i know inc SUPERSURF

Great on the road, seem to be ok wear wise. No probs off road on mud / rocks. Seemed to cope well in the snow.

Will be getting again, plus have them on quad and again can't fault them
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

According to the experts BFG AT's are the best but if you're not doing huge mileage then GG AT2's aren't far behind.

We only do 5000 miles a year in the Surf so we've got AT2's and they're great !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Kumho MT and Hankook MT

Hi,

I recently replaced my BFG A/Ts and Scorpion A/Ts with:

Front: Hankook M/T
              Rear: Kumho 834 M/T (were briefly on the front)

If I had to do it again I think I wouldn`t bother with the Hankook M/T as they don`t give good braking in the wet. I put them on the front as they have a different pattern to most mud tyres but I think they are no better really on asphalt. They were a touch cheaper but not worth the difference.

So I can recommend from first hand experience to fit Kumho 834 M/T tyres all round. I didn`t find the tyre noise at all noticeable and found grip to be very satisfactory. They seem to really be ten times better in deep mud than the A/Ts. I think BGF A/Ts are highly overrated IMHO.

Good luck,
              Jon

Comment

Many thanks guys. Wil start to look aound for the best prices.
                Always room for more power!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X