Heard of these folk before??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard of these folk before??

Hi Folks .... Anyone ever used these folk before? Wonder if they can either send out to an individual or to a local autoparts place...Might be a bit cheaper than British postage for some Brits or folk not in the UK,

http://www.blueprint-adl.co.uk/products(Engine).htm
    Last edited by wiggy; 24 September 2009, 13:45.
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

A lot of the after market parts obtained from motor factors are usually Blueprint.

Comment

I know i had a rad cap from their company before but didnt know that you could get stuff from them direct... interested as i cant get many parts local (well appart from the dealers) and milners are the only ones that post and it takes ages (roughtrax do a courier but is pretty expensive...not the parts the courier i mean). Have emailed them to see if they only deal with garages parts stores etc or if they would make an exception... well if you dont ask!

Comment

what are you looking for i work for a chain of car dealerships and can get these parts cheap! if you let me know what you want i can get you a price and post it to you.

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
          didnt know that you could get stuff from them direct
          I think that you will find that you can't buy direct unless you are a motor parts supplier.

I work for a £25million a year car parts exporter & I couldn't get an account direct as there is a Camberley Auto Factors not far from us & they have an account.....so I have to buy through them.

Comment

Blueprint stuff is ok ......genunine is better .... i had greif with blueprint glowplugs on my 2nd gen
            ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

I have loads of the stuff on mine no problems YET!!!

Comment

Hi Wiggy, where abouts in Italy are you,
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Hi over in Lazio (Latina an hour south of Rome), i wasnt after anything specific at the moment as i did a bulk order for service stuff a while back and Stormfore is sorting me out with the rest that i need, (Much apreciated Hiroler and may take you up on the offer!), but getting stuff from the local shops can be a nightmare as they dont really have autofactors over here and they tend only to stock stuff for smaller cars as most of the 4x4 are landrovers and are dealer serviced or falling to bits (to get the Italian MOT the car etc has to be pretty much standard spec or have official parts apparently..).

Just to give you an idea iI had to get a water pump a while back and the Toyota dealer said my truck didnt exist (standing beside it at the time lol), as the vin numbers are different over here (eventually Rich sent me a link to the parts cataloge and printed it off, but he was sceptical and the parts place in Rome said the same thing to him as he said to me....got it eventually tho....they have a great sign tho on the way into the service area ' no women allowed beyond this point' missus was going to get a pic of it but forgot her phone.

I can get stuff from Milners as they post to BFPO's but it can get a bit dear (and have a weight/size limit ...can take up to 2/3 weeks sometimes to arrive) and there isnt a lot of choice as roughtrax's courier will not deliver to BFPO's and its a bit of a pain using other couriers on this end as Stormforce will testify to with the radiator saga! (house isnt on satnav so wont deliver....too far from rome to drive on a hot day so will just say we went and no one was in....have to put a big white sheet of paper on the gate with name on.......eventually got it and they had put a big hole in it.....sods law lol..). to be honest the Italian post is actually ok but getting parts can add up a bit when being sent across Europe, so just trying out a few ideas to get stuff cheap locally. And usually get the bigger stuff from Stormy as it still works out cheaper.

Hope that made sense! & im not being whingy about being over here as i love it & but there as always are little things that can be a pain in the rear! .... suppose its my fault really to have a grey import! (had enough problems in the UK lol).

P.S Thought they might only deal with companies ... but if you dont ask you dont get and they have a large warehouse in Milan (too far to drive but postage would be ok)

Comment

Hi Wiggy, it was just an idea, but George the Greek goes back and forth like a yoyo, out of and into Ancona, Still to far for you to go though, i used to have the same trouble, now i get everything sent to Georges UK address, and i also give him me shopping list, can buy 3 boxes of 72 weetabix in the UK for the same price as 1 box of 24 here, If you ever have any big stuff, can get it as far as Ancona.
                    www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Thanks for the offer! will keep it in mind...missis gets her chocolate ration shipped out here lol kinda good bein over here because we get to use the big american base down beside naples for bulky stuff and get all the fresh local produce. Hope i dont need aqnthing big like a gear boxx or anything soon...touch wood

Comment

Working...
                      X