Breaking question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking question

I know i'l probably get a load of smart ass answers but im gonna ask anyway.
    What is the primary reason for a car being broken up? Is it because the engine is knackered or is it excessive body rust?
    I know theyre broken up & sold as individual spare parts but at what stage does a surf go from being 'well used' to a lost cause ready to be scrapped?

when the cost to repair it is more than the truck would be worth when repaired
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
      I know i'l probably get a load of smart ass answers but im gonna ask anyway.
      What is the primary reason for a car being broken up? Is it because the engine is knackered or is it excessive body rust?
      I know theyre broken up & sold as individual spare parts but at what stage does a surf go from being 'well used' to a lost cause ready to be scrapped?
      In my case because the engine was fubarred, and I needed to be back on the road sharpish to appease my employer (I work @45 mile from home)

So sadly Hippo went to that great mudhole in the sky (but parts of her live on)

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

When the cost of keeping it on the road exceeds the available bank balance and nobody wants to buy it

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
          when the cost to repair it is more than the truck would be worth when repaired
          Dependant upon owner. There are some of us who would still repair the existing rather than just replacing for cost reasons.

Comment

or when its worth more in bits
            I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

the 2.4 i have just got home today has the head gone but the body work is immaculate.It will cost to much to get another head and get it fitted.By the time i have done that and after paying for the truck and doing a 360m round trip its just not worth doing as i would never make my money back on it.
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks lads.
                So your saying if i had lets say a 1990 surf that needed a new head it would become negative equity or in other words only good for breaking.
                Gotya!

Comment

It depends upon whether your motives are fiscal or emotive.

Comment

It's all relative, my truck is worth much less than I'm prepared to spend on it...
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

mine was a write off due to front end damage bought it back from ins company for about 400 a phone call to richard + new rad from roughtrax new mot total cost just over 400 mind you it was in mint condition before smash which is (i think )the only reason to repair a 2.4.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                        It's all relative, my truck is worth much less than I'm prepared to spend on it...
                        Same here.

Comment

Working...
                        X