New Surf in Canada!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Surf in Canada!

Hi! I've very recently purchased a 1994 SSR-X LTD KZN130. This forum has already been a huge help with some of the preventative maintenance. My truck has 89,000km on it. I changed the oil and changed the fluids in the front and rear diffs as well as the transfer case. Doing fuel and air filters this weekend. I have so many plans for the truck, I don't want to post pictures until it is all done, but it will take a while so maybe I should post some before and after. Thanks all for your wonderful posts and I look forward to contributing!

Hi Welcome to the forum, before and after pics are always good
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

Hi and welcome Sleepr.
      Like Koi says some before and after pics will be great with a small write up on whats been done and how so it will be available for anyone else to use.
      Great country Canada,i've always wanted to live there.
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
        Hi and welcome Sleepr.
        Like Koi says some before and after pics will be great with a small write up on whats been done and how so it will be available for anyone else to use.
        Great country Canada,i've always wanted to live there.
        Well bugger off then...and can i have your big wheels
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

HI and welcome, hope you enjoy the forum.
          www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Welcome to the nut house have fun doing your mods it is addictive
            I NEEED MUD.....and Welsh spring water!!!

Comment

I haven't done any of the mods. I doubt they'd like it.

Rod?
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
                I haven't done any of the mods. I doubt they'd like it.

Welcome.

Comment

Things I have done or plan to do:

Fuel Filter: I think the orignal from the factory was still on it! It was seized onto the bracket and the water sensor on the bottom was also stuck on quite tight. After some cajoling with a vice, I got the old one off. Filled the new one with a 50/50 of fuel and ATF and fired up the truck. Coughed some blue smoke, but it cleared out shortly.

Air filter: old one was awful
                  Oil: used 10w30 for the Canadian winter coming up. Plan to Seafoam on the next change. Wish I could use some semi-syn, but I can't find any at a decent price.
                  31x10.5R15 tires.
                  New stereo with USB: great to stick in a flashdrive and play MP3's.

Going to change the ATF when I get back from vacation next week. Need to clean the battery posts as well, the first start in the morning is a little sluggish.
                  Rear window needs to be pulled apart and cleaned, it is a little slow and gets stuck sometimes.
                  Gotta tackle the SAS as well. Don't want a lift, just stay at stock height, but would like a stronger suspension.
                  Also plan to rhino line the lower panels and powdercoat the bumpers.
                  Want to replace the power antenna with a stubby black one.

So much to do! I will post before pics asap. She is a little dirty from the trail last week.

Comment

Working...
                  X