Film Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twisted Instigator View Post
    Constantine starring Keanu Reeves is an absolutely brilliant film too.
    Blooming heck you must be the "other" person that likes that movie as well as me!

peace
    cal
    Bala Mud, best underseal there is, only £30 per application.

www.thecellardwellers.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
      Dont watch pirate downloads. They completely ruin the experience because of their crap quality. If you are going to download films (like 95% of the population with internet does) then download the rip based on what you will be watching the rip on.
      For example, I have a 22" PC monitor which has a 2ms response and can play 1080p resolultion, and my PC has Dolby 5.1 surround. Therefor, I obtain at the least, the 720p which includes full surround (just like being at the cinema).

The TV downstairs is an old widescreen. So, when a family member wants to watch shows like lost (that arnt even shown in the UK sometimes) she downloads the TV rip, or the DVD rip which is almost DVD quality. This is then played either on a modified PS2 or an xbox 360 through the TV.

We used to buy those dodgy DVDs of the DVD man for £5 back in the early 2000s. Then we realised how crap they were because they were filmed by someone in the cinema. After that the most we would pay is £2..
      There is NOTHING worse than someone standing up halfway through the film to go to the toilet. AND I WAS AT HOME!

P.S. Even if you have the crappiest PC monitor in the world, as long as the resolution is at least 1024 x 768, then you will be able to watch 720p high definition content. The only thing that may be of concern is decent sound quality, or monitor response time or the processing power of the PC to uncompress / decode the content and display it.

There are sites that review "RIPs" you may come across them with google searches like vcd and quality, that may be worth looking at if your determined to download movies... coff... or so I've heard.

peace
      cal

Comment

• There's a few of us! I know a couple of others that rate it too. One of my faves I must say.
        It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

• AVATAR is by far the best movie I've seen ... since the ABYSS.. cameron again.

peace
          cal

Comment

• Originally posted by Calos View Post
            AVATAR is by far the best movie I've seen ... since the ABYSS.. cameron again.

peace
            cal
            Oh yes, Avatar is definitely on my fave list! Seen it twice now. The abyss was a damn good film too.

I have heard tell that Vuze & Torrentz are quite good tools for downloading. Not that I would ever do such things of course.
            It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

• I watched 'RED' last night.

Good film, John Malkovic is still the nutz.
              Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

• Saw 'Red' a couple of weeks ago. Very good film. Went to see 'Unstoppable', again good film but somewhat predictable. After we came home, put on the box, can't remember what channel but absolutely brilliant film called 'Irene Palmier', or something like that. It had Marianne Faithful in it. If you get a chance to see that you should. It had us laughing a bit.

Looked it up, it's called 'Irina Palm-the best right hand in London'.

Last edited by murph; 29 November 2010, 20:18.
                www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

• D'you mean This one?

looks alright.

Comment

• That be the one.
                    www.grovegarage.co.uk

Comment

• Downloading now

Ta.

Comment

• Hehe thread necomancy !

That said.

I did chuckle at stepbrothers, mainly because I have met those people in work.

But not much has impressed me since Avatar, clash of the titans was ok though.

peace
                        cal

Comment

Working...
                        X