Film Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post

Still would like to see Avatar.. Tried to see it Wednesday but the line was out the door, and even though we waited they announced it had sold out to everyone. lol
    We went on a tuesday afternoon, only about ten well behaved people there. Didnt bother with the popcorn etc, cost £14.
    In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Instead of seeing Avatar we saw Sherlock Holmes. Cinema was rammed pretty much, but no one up the back centre where we sat so it was nice and cozy. For two tickets it cost me £17.20. While we waited we popped over the road to Co-Op and got sweets and drinks for about £3 or £4. I didnt manage to eat my shirbirt dip so I brought it home. Dog stole it the next day
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

but no one up the back centre
        Thats good, nothing worse than having someone up the back centre when your trying to follow the film.
        In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

Avatar in 3D was awesome, must be even better at an iMax, best film ive seen in a looong time. Tim Burtons' Alice In Wonderland looks good too, along with Tron towards the end of the yr

Comment

Still would like to see Avatar.. Tried to see it Wednesday but the line was out the door, and even though we waited they announced it had sold out to everyone. lol
            Just go rent Dances with Wolves and replace the lead characters with big smurfs and to be honest your about there.

Comment

Has anyone seen Smokin Aces? I'm just going through what I have got but not watched on my PC and that is one of them, in 720p. Also have a film called London which has Jason Statham in.
              Here is a funny clip from the film. I've not seen the film yet myself. It's set in America somewhere and everyone is from America apart from Jason Statham. (and that tidy Aussy bird that used to be in home and away)
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuynllmI8pY
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Smokin' Aces is a decent flick yea..very 'lockstock..'

Comment

This lot Don't rate it, but I'll give it a go.
                  Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
                    Watchmen is a very good show. Its a superhero movie but it aint for kids.
                    That was a very good film. Actually went to the cinema to see that.
                    It's only kinky the first time...

Comment

• Avatar 3D was brilliant. Seen it twice now. Gobsmacked at the ticket price though. £11!!!!!!! Went to the local Tesco first & got munchies & drink.

Alice in Wonderland does look good. I'd heard they were going to re-do Tron too, but that was ages ago & hadn't heard a peep since.

Comment

• Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                        Avatar is great, I watched it on a pirate d/load but it was still great.

'Hangover' I thought that was going to be one of them, you know, American teenager films.
                        It wasn't, it was really funny, the 'laugh out loud' kind of funny.
                        Thanks for that. Now give me another film to watch.

City of God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
                          City of God.
                          D'you mean This one.
                          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

• Yeah, really really good.

Comment

• Constantine starring Keanu Reeves is an absolutely brilliant film too.

Comment

• Dont watch pirate downloads. They completely ruin the experience because of their crap quality. If you are going to download films (like 95% of the population with internet does) then download the rip based on what you will be watching the rip on.
                                For example, I have a 22" PC monitor which has a 2ms response and can play 1080p resolultion, and my PC has Dolby 5.1 surround. Therefor, I obtain at the least, the 720p which includes full surround (just like being at the cinema).

The TV downstairs is an old widescreen. So, when a family member wants to watch shows like lost (that arnt even shown in the UK sometimes) she downloads the TV rip, or the DVD rip which is almost DVD quality. This is then played either on a modified PS2 or an xbox 360 through the TV.

We used to buy those dodgy DVDs of the DVD man for £5 back in the early 2000s. Then we realised how crap they were because they were filmed by someone in the cinema. After that the most we would pay is £2..
                                There is NOTHING worse than someone standing up halfway through the film to go to the toilet. AND I WAS AT HOME!

P.S. Even if you have the crappiest PC monitor in the world, as long as the resolution is at least 1024 x 768, then you will be able to watch 720p high definition content. The only thing that may be of concern is decent sound quality, or monitor response time or the processing power of the PC to uncompress / decode the content and display it.
                                Last edited by dieselboy; 26 January 2010, 20:42.
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X