No announcement yet.

Film Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't seen Sherlock yet. But I agree with Slumdog, great film.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Anyone seen 'Births, Marriages and Deaths' with Ray Winston?

Great DVD.

Comment

Watch Sexy Beast if you like Ray Winstone. Fappin' amazing film.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc Martin View Post
          Excellent choice, if you like your Asian cinema may I recommend also:-

Iron Monkey
          Old Boy
          Absolutely. Taegukgi Hwinalrimyeo is another absolute cracker. Think of Saving Private Ryan but set in the Korean war. If you've got a posh sound system (dolby digital, etc) with a good subwoofer you'll think that bombs are being dropped on your house. Next door neighbours might complain.

And if you fancy a laugh Kung Fu Hustle is pretty entertaining.

Comment

Saw District 9 the other day, best film i've seen in while.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Logan View Post
              Watch Sexy Beast if you like Ray Winstone. Fappin' amazing film.
              OK, the pirate bay has it.

I do like Ray Winston. 'Scum' was out when I was young.

Comment

I watched 'Sexy Beast' last night.

Great film, Ben Kingsley played a good part too.

Comment

Sexy beast was good. Have you seen "love honour and obey" ?
                  I watched Layer cake the other night and thought it was okay but nothing special. Danny Dyer has done a few good films. I struggle to remember the names of films though. I use IMDB to try and find more, and there is a "film forum" I've used. Look up "outlaw" it has Danny Dyer, Bob Hoskins plus some others.
                  I like those american teen films as well (not all). There is a good one I see not so long ago called "the invisible". I dont think it made it over here.
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                    Sexy beast was good. Have you seen "love honour and obey" ?
                    No, I watched 'Births, marriages and deaths' that was a bit mental.

I'll have a go at 'Love honour and obey' at the weekend.

Comment

If you like a laugh watch "The Hangover"

If you like laughing at how stupid people can be then watch the series of "trailer park boys" Their second film was released before xmas but it stemmed from a budged TV show. It is a mockumentary and it is filmed to look budget on purpose to add to the appearance. Will keep you entertained for months.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy View Post
                        If you like a laugh watch "The Hangover"
                        Downloading now.

Спасибо

Comment

Cant see much point in the cinama nowadays given the quality of home entertainment but did go to see Avatar this week just for the 3D stuff. First time I've been to the flicks in years and it was well well worth it. Nothing new in the story line but a visual feast.
                          In space no one can hear you scream

Comment

I dont think the Cinema is high def like you would get at home right? I'm still trying to understand it all to be honest.
                            Benefits of cinema, REALLY big screen, can go with a load of people and have food or drinks before or after and at the end of it everyone knows to go home (ha),
                            cons - sometimes you get people TALKING! Sometimes they forget to turn the lights down, or the sound screws up or the curtain doesnt fully go back (Odeon!). Another con is it will cost you close to £40 for two people if you buy drinks and "popcorn" there and then.

Still would like to see Avatar.. Tried to see it Wednesday but the line was out the door, and even though we waited they announced it had sold out to everyone. lol
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Avatar is great, I watched it on a pirate d/load but it was still great.

'Hangover' I thought that was going to be one of them, you know, American teenager films.
                              It wasn't, it was really funny, the 'laugh out loud' kind of funny.
                              Thanks for that. Now give me another film to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
                                Avatar is great, I watched it on a pirate d/load but it was still great.

'Hangover' I thought that was going to be one of them, you know, American teenager films.
                                It wasn't, it was really funny, the 'laugh out loud' kind of funny.
                                Thanks for that. Now give me another film to watch.
                                Grace my palm with silver...

Seriously I'll have a think
                                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                                X