• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
    3 to 5 hours for me, I keep the d/load low, neighbourly agreement
    ouch, cheaper than blockbusters

i havent got new films in ages....

Comment

ive never actually tried downloading a film tbh,is it fairly easy?ie to get onto a dvd?i have a dvd/rw/rdl drive?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
        ive never actually tried downloading a film tbh,is it fairly easy?ie to get onto a dvd?i have a dvd/rw/rdl drive?
        I use this http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

I then use Nero to lob it on a CD or DVD (depending how big the file)

Or I just watch it on the 'puter.

I also don't know much about computers so disregard anything i say.
        Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Ichi The Killer
          if you like something a little different {NOT FOR KIDS}
          Brian

Comment

have a look at this
            =----->http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/3684...hd-1-tb-m.html

basically portable hard drive that you can plug into tv, no need to make dvds any more

Comment

I use this http://www.utorrent.com/downloads

I then use Nero to lob it on a CD or DVD (depending how big the file)

Or I just watch it on the 'puter.

I also don't know much about computers so disregard anything i say.
              Tell me more I click that link then I have to download something is that right?
              monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                Ichi The Killer
                if you like something a little different {NOT FOR KIDS}
                That would frighten the sh1t out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom View Post
                  Tell me more I click that link then I have to download something is that right?
                  Right, that is your 'utorrent' when you have that installed, say for example, you are on this site http://www.mininova.org/

You then just click on the green arrow on the left of the film or music you want, and it automatically d/loads it to a folder on your computer, (chosen by you in preferences)

It takes some getting used to, I look for file extensions that I know.
                  and some items have a lot of seeds (people who are sharing the file) some have none.

Comment

Right, that is your 'utorrent' when you have that installed, say for example, you are on this site http://www.mininova.org/

You then just click on the green arrow on the left of the film or music you want, and it automatically d/loads it to a folder on your computer, (chosen by you in preferences)

It takes some getting used to, I look for file extensions that I know.
                    and some items have a lot of seeds (people who are sharing the file) some have none.
                    OK so is it safe?
                    monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

OK so is it safe?
                      trojan tastic lol

Comment

OK so is it safe?
                        To be honest, I don't know

I run it on two computers at home, and my laptop.

Both my home computers have died on me in the last two months

Better off asking someone like Matt who knows a lot more than me.

Comment

To be honest, I don't know

I run it on two computers at home, and my laptop.

Both my home computers have died on me in the last two months

Better off asking someone like Matt who knows a lot more than me.
                          Thanks I'll give it a miss then
                          monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

if you have a decent internet connection, and use firefox or chrome, the use rapidshare, no trojans in the files, just your movie..... it cost money €30 for 6 months but i can get films / software / music all for that price no limits

Comment

OK so is it safe?
                              You'll download some legit stuff, (as loosely as legit can be used in the current context ), and some crap. If you make sure you virus scan everything you download before you actually do anything with it, (which you should do with any file you ever download anyhow), then you can easily sort the malware out from the proper stuff.

There's an open source virus scanner here if you don't already have one installed:

http://clamav.net/

Comment

free virus protection has in the end always bit me in the XXXX. For 10 or 15 quid a year its worth buying some proper virus protection, and if you are going to be downloading from P2P networks I would definately get the real deal. I have been impressed with Kapersky.

I use Utorrent for torrents is an ok downloading tool but good because you can set upload and download limits also its very small so does not slow anything else down. It also has a built in search engine which is cool as i am very lazy!

Rapidshare is a great way to get things but you do need to know what you are looking for. It also is generally 20 times faster if you have paid, I think I can regularly download at about 300kb/s. so mins for a movie instead of hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X