yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet more questions! This time, front Fog Lights.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet more questions! This time, front Fog Lights.

Hello again fellas,

First, thank you all for your comments re: 'Interior revamp' & 4wd questions. As always, lots of useful help.

Now...I have seen the occasional picture of surfs on here with front fog lights fitted in or on the lower valence. I've been looking all over the shop for a suitable set, preferably recessed, but can never be quite sure which to buy.
    I hope you Gurus can point me in the right direction.

P.S. All these questions are as a result of my wife giving me the go ahead to put my Surf back on the road instead of selling it. We were supposed to become a single car couple but, we just can't agree on the same one.

So glad I didn't sell it & kept her in my garage. She is slowly coming back to life again. "It's alive! Alive!" Heh heh heh.

"Ah, bless!"

If you get an answer to this, I'd be interested to know, as I have a set of normal fog lights to go on, that I know are going to perish on the first laning trip after fitting, and would love some recessed ones...
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

i got some from a lorry part supplyers they were 24v i just put 12v bulbs in
      they cost me 80 quid for the pair
      reason i got them ones
      they are alot stonger than 4x4 or car spot lights and i have broke a few
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Ive never had a problem when off road, & these did'nt cost that much either, about £65 for the lot.

Don't know who the idiot is hanging out the window.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

These are my front angel eye fog lights. I just cut a hole in the plastic with hole saw pushed them through and held them in place with springs behind the bumper. I did have to cut a piece of stainless pipe at an angle mount the lights in, if not they were pointing down to the road to much. These I got off ebay.

My next lights were going to be rear fog in the bumper flush mount x2 only ones I've fount on ebay are about £30 each anybody bought any of these ? I seem to recall Bushy doing this mod a while back.

Comment

I take you do mean "fog" lights (or is it spots?) you could always dump the front vallance alltogether, my sopts are on the bar and fogs are 2 small 3" ones from powerfull uk tucked along side the bars uprights, give off a good yellow light for the size and were i think about 25 quid a pair stainless as well
            Attached Files
            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

nice pic Yoshi. i came.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                nice pic Yoshi. i came.

You did WHAT ?

Comment

as for finding recessed spots....i dont think you will? you'll prob just have to cut appropriate hole in the valence and fill whatever gap there is around the edges with a bit of rubber seal. kinda like the seal you would use when fitting a snorkle.
                  thats what i'd do anyway.

Comment

Yes Ian I did meen the lower fogs I think that was what ToyotaTony was asking. Your Trucks looking good Ian. I would cut the lower valance off but my trucks not as clean as yours behing it.

Comment

is this any good to you Tony?
                      http://cpwstore.carpartswholesale.co...ght+kit+9249fc

Comment

Originally posted by Webbo View Post
                        Yes Ian I did meen the lower fogs I think that was what ToyotaTony was asking. Your Trucks looking good Ian. I would cut the lower valance off but my trucks not as clean as yours behing it.

It being dirty behind there should put you in "solid" with most folk on here Dave i only post pics of mine to pi$$ em off
                        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                          Ive never had a problem when off road, & these did'nt cost that much either, about £65 for the lot.

Don't know who the idiot is hanging out the window.
                          Great pic but, I don't think they'll all fit in my surf's lower valence! Lol.
                          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                            as for finding recessed spots....i dont think you will? you'll prob just have to cut appropriate hole in the valence and fill whatever gap there is around the edges with a bit of rubber seal. kinda like the seal you would use when fitting a snorkle.
                            thats what i'd do anyway.
                            You see?...now you've laid down a challenge haven't you Goodcat?
                            That makes me more determined than ever to do this.
                            Just when I was convincing myself to go with flush fits or even protuders.

Ah well...back to sq.1.

Thanks.
                            Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post
                              I take you do mean "fog" lights (or is it spots?) you could always dump the front vallance alltogether, my sopts are on the bar and fogs are 2 small 3" ones from powerfull uk tucked along side the bars uprights, give off a good yellow light for the size and were i think about 25 quid a pair stainless as well
                              I like what you've done but, Suzi wouldn't like having bits taken off. She might show her private bits! Lol.
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X