Leaking Rad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logey79 View Post
    i've never heard of anyone having a good outcome with any radweld.

the expensive coolant needn't be a waste of money. drain it off and refill when you get the rad done. but why an expensive coolant anyway?
    Good idea logey. Si tate told me to get the toyota coolant. So i did.

Comment

Originally posted by fonecrusher1 View Post
      Apache thanks for the offer but i cant weld or solder for sh*t mate.
      I can service a car & install a stereo or speakers, anthing more complicated than that & smoke starts to come out of my ears.
      Someone local must be able to solder a free rad grab it man.
      Brian

Comment

Just noticed he's in Ireland - if it's not Northern - it could prove expensive to post.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Don't get a milners one you will regret it if you do

The old milners parts list was good , any thing ending with a 'g' was a genunine toyota part but there new site screwed that up so i do not get anything there now
          ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
            Just noticed he's in Ireland - if it's not Northern - it could prove expensive to post.
            Yup Apache you guessed it. South of ireland. Postage would be stupidly expensive. Thanks for the kind offer anyway.

Sincere thanks for the advice everyone, I was gonna get some radweld tommorrow morning but no chance now.
            This forum is a gem.

Comment

For a TEMP repair until you can source another rad, you could try some liquid metal, but it would mean you would need to replace rad as you wouldn't be able to do a proper repair after. Worked on one of my bikes in the past.
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Good idea logey. Si tate told me to get the toyota coolant. So i did.
                You say it like i had a gun to your head

I still stick by my guns "pardon the punn" by recommending toyota red.

I don't like to take risks with my engine when the difference is only a few quid.
                If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hey si tate i was gonna go the cheap arse route & get the 'cheap' stuff in halfords. Turns out the toyota coolant was a few quid cheaper in the end.

Comment

Hey si tate i was gonna go the cheap arse route & get the 'cheap' stuff in halfords. Turns out the toyota coolant was a few quid cheaper in the end.
                    Can i just say mate, i really would'nt put radweld in your truck.

If it means being off the road for a few days till you get it sorted out then i would wait, i'd hate to see you make things worse for the sake of a quick cheap fix.

Comment

Everyone is warning me away from it so its definitely a no to the old radweld. Its not leaking too bad at the moment, only a few drops under the rad when i last checked.
                      Hopefully tommorrow i'l know if its repair or renewal.

Comment

Everyone is warning me away from it so its definitely a no to the old radweld. Its not leaking too bad at the moment, only a few drops under the rad when i last checked.
                        Hopefully tommorrow i'l know if its repair or renewal.
                        Don't get me wrong, it is good stuff when put in the right type of engine, god ive used it on a number of occations in the past but that was on fords & vauxhall's.

Hopefully yours can be repaired & you can get back to the joys of owning a surf, keep us posted mate & fingers crossed.

Comment

I fitted a new Rad from Roughtrax 2 weeks ago. I thought about going down the Milners route or a cheap supplyer of Ebay, Glad I did'nt Roughtrax seems very good quality I suppose time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                          X