make and design a web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make and design a web site

can anyone on here do such a thing, dont want it done for free?
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Toby?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Think there are quite a few folk actually.(dont know if they would have the time to make one tho).. Dark designs,tobyjug,tonyn, doesnt matt have one? and i remember someone down beside Poole area having a really good flash one i looked at...sorry cant remember the name now.
      Missus has just finished a shop one for her folks place and is just waiting to publish, she did hers herself with no prior experience through zappyhost (good tech backup) and can do a nice looking site and relatively inexpensive all things considered, but it got a bit complicated after a load of stock was listed.
      Doing a swish one is easy enough though as long as its small and you can use templates and just edit the code to do what you like, but if you go down the route of paying for it ....my brother got one done for his buisness & looks really good but it showed in the bill.

Hopefully an IT Guru will be along in a bit
      The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

got to learn to type faster
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

You can buy a product from Serif online, that's £30 for the full version, that you can use to make your own from a series of templates, and they have add ins for payment via credit card/paypal if you want to set up an online shop - it's quite easy to use and edit the pages, and they look pretty good too...

http://www.serif.com/webplus/
          Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

What are you looking for exactly, I may be able to help?

Thanks,

Ray.
            I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

I could but I don't feel up to it at the moment really....
              What sorta thing are you looking for though?
              maybe you can just get a Joomla installation done and then do the rest yourself...

Joomla is software that runs behind your website, you can than change pages as easy as posting on here....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

thanks very much for all your replies, looking at that serif thingy

Comment

another question, need a web host and what would be the charges

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                    another question, need a web host and what would be the charges
                    It depends on the kind of website you are going to run, anywhere between £10 and £70 per year....
                    One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Hosting companys can be cheap to expensive, what you need is a virtual server, we use an American company, costs us about 90 € a month, but we have a lot of pages and applications, with our hosting package we have about 14 differant web sites etc, some web site builders will host as well.
                      If you only need a small amount of server space, you could email info@netsyst.gr alternatly ask him to quote for web site build and hosting as a package, basic hosting through an American company starts at about 15 dollers a month.
                      Very small site, single page upwards, 15 100 dollers a year, its all down to how much server space you need..
                      Last edited by greecysurf; 16 September 2009, 16:34.
                      www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Better watch out mate, you will probably get slagged off for not using the search button.
                        Working at last.......

Comment

little tip if you see a really snazzy bit on someone elses website, flashy banner etc, then right click on it and choose, "view source code" and then just cut and paste it ;-)
                          Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                            little tip if you see a really snazzy bit on someone elses website, flashy banner etc, then right click on it and choose, "view source code" and then just cut and paste it ;-)
                            Keep those tips coming buddy....I'm in a similar boat....reading a Dreamweaver book atthe moment..the Seriff site looks good

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i had a mate do mine
                              http://darkdezigns.co.uk/
                              my hosting is bout 50 quid a year,i can give u his email if u like?

Comment

Working...
                              X