Final wobbly update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final wobbly update!

Hi,you might remember me from such posts as "My truck is wobblin the bejesus outta me" and "I cant use the search button"LOLAnyway I the new shocks went on today and the mechanic phoned me to say it was still rattling!surprise surprise....So I asked him to double check the balance on all wheels on his new balancer and now my wheels look like they have teeth there is that much lead hanging off them.He had to put 90 grams on one alone! The result is a better drive but not perfect so I'm done with it!I had considered buying new rims but if it still wobbled after that, I would do what Top gear failed to do!!!Thanks for advice and help folks

have you tried swapping the rears with the fronts yet
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

The 3rd Gens do seem to have wheel wobble worse then 1st and 2nd gens . Check the steering rack mounts as these rubbers go soft and let the rack move about to much . I still have a slight wheel wobble on my 3rd gen which I think is down to tired shocks as the rack mounts are OK.
      Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Take it to a mechanic that knows what he is doing.
        Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
          The 3rd Gens do seem to have wheel wobble worse then 1st and 2nd gens . Check the steering rack mounts as these rubbers go soft and let the rack move about to much . I still have a slight wheel wobble on my 3rd gen which I think is down to tired shocks as the rack mounts are OK.
          I've already told him that Rick, but as usual I was ignored.

p.s. Mine doesn't wobble, maybe it's because I have 18" alloys and low profile tyres.

Comment

No I have'nt swapped rears to front,only got one jack!!How would it help? or is a process of elmination??I think the rims might be warped like the mechanic!!My apologies to anyone that was ignored,it was not deliberate but these posts can go for miles!!P.S steering components all ok.

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
              No I have'nt swapped rears to front,only got one jack!!How would it help? or is a process of elmination??I think the rims might be warped like the mechanic!!My apologies to anyone that was ignored,it was not deliberate but these posts can go for miles!!P.S steering components all ok.
              You have a spare wheel I guess.
              Brian

Comment

I had a puncture repaired yesterday morning (flippin great screw through the middle of the tyre) and when he balanced the wheel he took off just under 200g of lead......there are some amateurs out there.

Comment

I had a bad wobble on mine when i first bought it, turned out to be cheap "dame you black banana ditch finder" tyres in the end.
                  If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Yes it is sometimes a process of elimination thing !! n a dam sight cheaper too, before ya find the mechanical things costing £££'s that need to be put right !!

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n ya won't know when !!!!
                    Last edited by Diezel Weazel; 16 September 2009, 00:07.
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by si tate View Post
                      I had a bad wobble on mine when i first bought it, turned out to be cheap "dame you black banana ditch finder" tyres in the end.
                      And not the nut behind the steering wheel??

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                        And not the nut behind the steering wheel??
                        Now now vince.
                        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                          You have a spare wheel I guess.
                          Fair point Yoshie!!Man do I feel stoopid

Comment

Fair point Yoshie!!Man do I feel stoopid
                            You're in good company.
                            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

No I have'nt swapped rears to front,only got one jack!!
                              only do one side at a time??
                              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
                              X