X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jotto View Post
    That is a very scary thought, I'm going to have night mares now
    Be grateful, I could have said Ann Widdecombe
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

this is something that really bugs me with new 4x4's/. especially the new range rovers.
      why do they make these new 4x4's with the well off housewife school run in mind!?
      they make them with useless wheels and tyres, fancy paint jobs and hefty price tags which means that NOBODY will ever take them off road incase they scratched the lovely expensive paint job or dented a bit of shiny plastic!
      i mean seriously...what is the point of owning an awsome 4x4 like the range rover etc, but being too scared to even take it on a bit of grass?!
      nobody is going to put a £60,000 4x4 through its paces on harsh trails, ditches, bramble and forrest growth etc etc etc.
      unless your rolling in money of course.
      why does every car manufacturer insist on ruining new generation of new generation of car. cosmetically at least anyway.

Comment

With those odd angles and sharp edges it looks like they tried to build a stealth 4x4 maybe it doesn't register on a speed gun.
        I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

its starting to look too much like the newer disco's and freeloaders, got more plastic upfront than the new 5litre SC range rover sport!!! only one thing for it

Comment

Originally posted by guysturg1 View Post
            its starting to look too much like the newer disco's and freeloaders, got more plastic upfront than the new 5litre SC range rover sport!!! only one thing for it
            Aye, it's mingin'
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by oneidadan View Post
              actually i'm going to stick my neck out and say I really like it. Could do with losing a bit of plastic from the bottom, and some chunkier tyres, but I think if I had the money i'd get one. Much nicer looking than the current landcruiser
              Well im with you mate, i think it looks ok, not fantastic or brilliant but ok.

Shame most of the photos are of the boot space, who cares about the boot space, i want to see what the interior & dash looks like.

Anyway i'd have one.
              Last edited by si tate; 13 September 2009, 01:32.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                this is something that really bugs me with new 4x4's/. especially the new range rovers.
                why do they make these new 4x4's with the well off housewife school run in mind!?
                they make them with useless wheels and tyres, fancy paint jobs and hefty price tags which means that NOBODY will ever take them off road incase they scratched the lovely expensive paint job or dented a bit of shiny plastic!
                i mean seriously...what is the point of owning an awsome 4x4 like the range rover etc, but being too scared to even take it on a bit of grass?!
                nobody is going to put a £60,000 4x4 through its paces on harsh trails, ditches, bramble and forrest growth etc etc etc.
                unless your rolling in money of course.
                But by the time they hit the market as second hand at a price most of us can afford we'll know they've had an easy life. And then we can use them as they're meant to be used
                My other cars a QUAD
                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

I guess we'll have to face it, Toyota has gone the way of most other manufacturers, they've created a 'Chelsea Tractor'. A toy for rich people to drive around the city with no intention of taking it any further off road the edge of a cricket pitch!

The main problem is that it's being judged on an off road forum. I'm sure it's very well received in other circles.

I wouldn't buy one but they are in business to make money, most 4x4s never get off the tarmac.
                  I've got a plan and it's as hot as my pants!

Comment

looks like the cadillac escalade
                    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

In ten years time what's going to be left to buy in the UK that's a real off roader? All new Toyota's are expensive and full of not wanted bling IMO.
                      I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven View Post
                        In ten years time what's going to be left to buy in the UK that's a real off roader? All new Toyota's are expensive and full of not wanted bling IMO.
                        Land Rover Defender!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                          Land Rover Defender!
                          You would well be right
                          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                            Land Rover Defender!
                            but they dont make them anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
                              But by the time they hit the market as second hand at a price most of us can afford we'll know they've had an easy life. And then we can use them as they're meant to be used
                              you make a good point mate

i cant wait till the new range rovers are 16 years old so i can afford to buy them and thrash, what is an awsome veichle, through a river and 3 ft of mud! lol
                              all whilst sitting on 35 cows worth of leather and sitting on a pocket of air!

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                                you make a good point mate

i cant wait till the new range rovers are 16 years old so i can afford to buy them and thrash, what is an awsome veichle, through a river and 3 ft of mud! lol
                                all whilst sitting on 35 cows worth of leather and sitting on a pocket of air!
                                Ermmm, will they last 16 years before they bio degrade back into the iron oxide from which they came??
                                My other cars a QUAD
                                (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
                                http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
                                X