Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rusty bits ~ best cure?

Hi
    Okay, I found some little bits of rust on the supports for the side runners (step thing) I've treated them by wire brushing off the loose rust and double whammy of anti rust Loctite. Now would it be a good idea to use black Hammerite paint too?

The other rusty bit is inside the front and back chrome bumper. I want to sort this out too, any suggestions for the best way to do this, as it is quite difficult to get my hands in behind the bumper in some parts.

Come on you helpful load of hunks? Tell a woman what to do, you know you do it so well.... lol
    Love me Love my Surf!

putting up a link to those pics again is sure to fix it lol

Comment

lol.....you nit!
      Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

lol ty,just gutted cause i can't see them cause im not on face book as for the rust yes hammerite is good,and inside of rear quarters,take them off and do it if u can,its well worth it,i didn't and mine have rusted thru and i cant get any for love or money

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
          lol ty,just gutted cause i can't see them cause im not on face book as for the rust yes hammerite is good,and inside of rear quarters,take them off and do it if u can,its well worth it,i didn't and mine have rusted thru and i cant get any for love or money

If you could you wouldn't go and fetch them anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            If you could you wouldn't go and fetch them anyway.
            lolol

Comment

i didn't and mine have rusted thru and i cant get any for love or money

No love, just money http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=16&cid=138&vid=580
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                ty andy i honestly didnt even know they sold them,i'm ordering those when i strip the surf down and ty

Comment

lol ty,just gutted cause i can't see them cause im not on face book as for the rust
                  Well get on Facebook then, it's ok.. you can do it. If I can sort out the rusty bits on my truck, you can get on FB!!! wee hee . .

Thanks for the tips, don't think I'll manage to get them off, but I will get as much done as I can from sticking my hand up inside the gaps.. good having girly hands sometimes... I think it's worth doing...

Good news.. my truck passed it's mot today ~ brilliant !
                  Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

ty andy i honestly didnt even know they sold them,i'm ordering those when i strip the surf down and ty
                    I aim to please.
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Adarsha & The Beast View Post
                      Well get on Facebook then, it's ok.. you can do it. If I can sort out the rusty bits on my truck, you can get on FB!!! wee hee . .

Thanks for the tips, don't think I'll manage to get them off, but I will get as much done as I can from sticking my hand up inside the gaps.. good having girly hands sometimes... I think it's worth doing...

Good news.. my truck passed it's mot today ~ brilliant !
                      got to much stuff on my screen as it is lol,yes worth painting,i'm not gonna say wot i think girls hands are good at and well done

Comment

got to much stuff on my screen as it is lol,yes worth painting,i'm not gonna say wot i think girls hands are good at and well done

Attached Files

Comment

^^^^^^^

Now you see why I'm so proud of my daughter. She is such a cutey... oh and someone asked somewhere how old she is. . . . she's twenty four, and lives with her boyfriend.. sorry guys, she's spoken for.

Thanks for the tips with the rust, if it wasn't so wet today, I'd be out there getting stuck into it.. instead of that I'm sooooo bored!
                          Love me Love my Surf!

Comment

coor i bet her mum looks nice then?

Comment

Working...
                            X