Pressure of work !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure of work !!!

Have been on shift this weekend , Fri , Sat & Sunday 12hr days . Friday was a bad day , too many people pulling you from pillar to post , stupid demands , impossible deadlines etc , you probably all know the score. But Saturday and today was brilliant - The Duxford air show was on so all i did from 14:00hrs today was sat outside watching the air display. Yesterday we had the euro fighter , hunter , spitfires , hawks , red arrows, lancaster bomber bi planes and some i don't know the names of. Today we had no euro fighter or red arrows but plenty of other air craft along with the lancaster bomber again and more spitfires ,they are still so impressive to watch all these years on,and to think i was getting paid to watch it , well there has to be some perks to the job but don't tell the boss !. Anyway better go as shift finishes at sweven.

Lucky Bugger, I love air shows.
    Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Leuchars on Saturday.
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by slobodan View Post
        Lucky Bugger, I love air shows.
        I am very lucky , my place of work is right at the approach for the runway for duxford air field and all the displays can be seen from where i work ,infact when i am leaving work sometimes and i see a plane coming into land , i will stop in the field so as the plane will approach directly over the surf , they are that low that you can seee the pilot sometimes ,and the noise is just terrific

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          Leuchars on Saturday.
          I've got this one.

batajnica
          Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
            Leuchars on Saturday.
            I don't want to sound ignorant , but is that in scotland , only my mums side of the family are all from Dundee and i have often heard them on about Leuchars , especially one of my uncles

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger View Post
              I don't want to sound ignorant , but is that in scotland , only my mums side of the family are all from Dundee and i have often heard them on about Leuchars , especially one of my uncles
              Yes, in Scotland; other side of the water from Dundee.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Lucky bugger, its certainly a good airshow, if you can watch them land then you must work for Volvo,the earthmoving plant other side the M11.
                www.furryfriendsinneed.com

Comment

Originally posted by greecysurf View Post
                  Lucky bugger, its certainly a good airshow, if you can watch them land then you must work for Volvo,the earthmoving plant other side the M11.
                  No not Volvo , i work for Hexcel , it used to be called Ciba Geigy and is further in the village but you can see the factory from the M11. Ive been told the pilots use the factory as a sort of visual approach beacon for when they land , but how true that is i would not know.
                  We even had a F1 team testing one of there cars on the runway not so long ago i never saw them testing but you could here it tearing up and down the runway , i think it might have been Renault.

Comment

Working...
                  X