Air comressor and tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air comressor and tools

Hi all.I am looking for a compressor and air tools.Does anyone know of a reasonably priced one with all tools that i can buy.TIA
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Rich if your in the market get at least a 100ltr tank. If your going to paint I would go for 150ltr min mate.
    Sealy run fairly quiet. A couple of hundred should buy you a good second hand unit.
    Brian

Comment

Cheers mate.I am basically after one purely for mechanical work and maybe just a bit of touching up work aswell.Mandy is after something to get for my birthday next week and as i want to start up on my own then its time i bought a compressor etc

Comment

As yoshie said get a big one , i was using a 25 ltr , useless now using steins big 200 ltr and the difference is amazing
        ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
          Cheers mate.I am basically after one purely for mechanical work and maybe just a bit of touching up work aswell.Mandy is after something to get for my birthday next week and as i want to start up on my own then its time i bought a compressor etc
          Makro have a set of air tools for £15.00 at the moment not sure what they are like
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I always use Machine Mart they have good quality at reasonable prices. Theres also Sealy, but as mentioned its best to spend a bit more on the compresser the more cfm's the bigger air tools you can use and for longer.

Comment

rich air tools are the thing of the past, get dewalt 18v impact wrench,drill, grinder, and a recipricating saw specially for breaking, couple of decent batts and a 20 min charger,unlees you do a lot of painting of course
              JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                rich air tools are the thing of the past, get dewalt 18v impact wrench,drill, grinder, and a recipricating saw specially for breaking, couple of decent batts and a 20 min charger,unlees you do a lot of painting of course
                Unless you're out on site, there's no need to go for cordless tools. Air tools are reliable and sturdy, and don't need recharge periods. If you're working near a mains supply, going cordless only would be excess cost for no good reason. Each has its use and its place.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                  Unless you're out on site, there's no need to go for cordless tools. Air tools are reliable and sturdy, and don't need recharge periods. If you're working near a mains supply, going cordless only would be excess cost for no good reason. Each has its use and its place.
                  yes but its so easy to pick up a wrench no lead or airline or if your out on the road ,without cordless my workshop used to end up a mass of extension leads and an airline that used to trip me up ,the future is cordless, look at your mobile
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by lord lucan View Post
                    the future is cordless, look at your mobile
                    Bad choice of ways to try and prove a point with me.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

This is what i have bought with all hoses and tools.I know its a 50l but its basically all i can afford to get at the moment.It's a sealey so it should be ok.I could of got a cheaper make but i didn't want to chance them as they were so cheap.
                      The one i got is £165 and with the sealey tools etc aswell it came out at £235 delivered and i'll have it tomorrow.

Comment

That looks the same size as mine. It's alright for most jobs, but you have to wait every now and then for it to replenish it's air. Will tighten all the nuts on one wheel before the motor cuts in.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          Bad choice of ways to try and prove a point with me.
                          look at the wife's vibrator then!... the lights don't dim while you're browsing forums anymore!
                          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by da SLUG man View Post
                            look at the wife's vibrator then!... the lights don't dim while you're browsing forums anymore!
                            I'd been wondering why the lights had stopped dimming lately.

Comment

Working...
                            X