here we go again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4x4s' are not alone

I belive that we I allready pay higher tax in the fuel rip off.
    But count yourself lucky I not only get bitched at for driving a 4x4,
    I also regularly get lectured becuase I'm also a motorcyclist.
    Just live like I do, duck regularly, and keep trying to miss all those drivers that seem to aim at me no matter what size vehicle I'm driving.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Saddening

What it all boils down to is freedom of choice and public spirit.
      I drive what I drive because I choose too, I choose to have two children, one Labrador, one Dalmaitian and countless quantites of boat junk.
      I choose not to drive an conventional estate because my lifestyle choices (see above) mean that my choice is restricted regarding load area.
      Yes my choice of vehicle burns more fuel, Quite possibily enough is raised in taxes from my choice to pay for a local politicians wages, or for a zebra crossing outside our local primary school. I also smoke, its a choice, the tax raised by my tabacco intake probably goes some way to pay for the local health care.
      If I were to ride a everionmentaly friendy tree hugging cycle with all of my life choices strapped on, I would be unsafe on any road at any speed, and would probably be run down by a local in an un-taxed, un-insured car with no MOT, because he cant afford it in this crazy world, Probably whilst dropping my daughter off to school whilst crossing the road where there should realy be a zebra crossing, but there is not beacuse insufficent tax is being raised localy to pay for it.
      I would then probably have to drag my bleeding daughter on broken legs to the local casualty, not bothering to wait for the ambulance that isnt there any more due to underfunding, to find that the casualty is closed because their is not enough money in the local budget ro run it as everyone has stopped smoking!

Inconsedderate my ARSE, I PERSONALY FUND HALF THE WHINGING *)(&&))*&(*s myself, they should be giving us medals for public gallantry!

PS please forgive my dyslexia, there were insufficent quantites of smokers and 4x4 drivers in the 70s to fund a proper education for me.
      Ok nicely done, when we dry off we can go find the boat!

Comment

66 Tax Rises In The Last 7 Years
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by dabigman
          nah, 17000kg = £650 (band D 2 axle)
          smart car = £75 (Smart City Coupé Hatchback (03MY))
          also any vehicle over 16.5 tonne must have a permit to drive in london after hours or weekends and pay congestion charge and only do 8mpg and everyone complains if you drive down their street and while driving you turn invisible!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

"nah, 17000kg = £650 (band D 2 axle)"

bit behind the times arent we?

An 18,000kg 2 axle truck with a Euro 4 compliant engine is taxed under TC56 which is £165.00 P.A. You're probably right about the Smart car though

Comment

Originally posted by Elvz
              "nah, 17000kg = £650 (band D 2 axle)"

bit behind the times arent we?

An 18,000kg 2 axle truck with a Euro 4 compliant engine is taxed under TC56 which is £165.00 P.A. You're probably right about the Smart car though
              there's so many rates... our box is an M reg and that's £650... i got these figures off the dvla site as i knew you'd come straight back!... bloke with a magnum at our place (owner driver) as he only carries light loads it's only a huindred and something quid... we've got 15 ERFs and they're all different, i think they kept re plating to get good tax price a few years ago and gave up!
              nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
              X