bitten by the bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bitten by the bug

is anyone out there stil making ball joint spacers, i cant find any anywhere. now i have had my spanners in hand i dont want to stop. everything else i have found online.

oh and does anyone know about any plus three springs to counteract the 3" or so lift on the front
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Stien used to make the spacers, not sure if he's still doing them tho, i have the diagram for em if you can find some one to make em like local metal fabbers etc, they'll just need to do em to your choice of thickness, or i guess several thickness's fixed together,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by POPEYE; 3 September 2009, 14:57.
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

nice one bud, but i dont think there is anyone up here that can do it. we are all a bit weird in mid wales you know. im asking because i was going for a 3" bodylift and then 4" suspension lift. but the prices are stupid. so im going for a 3"bodylift with 2" suspension lift and then balljoint spacers. probably need spacers for the springs on the back to level it up to eh.

Comment

pity you never said a couple of weeks back as i got a complete lift on the breaker which is now sold.I am in Wales on Saturday aswell
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

no way, you are joking. well that is just my luck isn't it. well if you come across anymore gice me a shout. i have just put a body onto my 2.4 so that on will need lifting too. the other is going solid axel and four link front and rear when i have the money. expensive hobby!!!!!!

Comment

if the sale happens to fall through then i'll let you know but i don't think it will as it's Wiggy from here thats having it in Italy

Comment

thats a long way, nice to see surfs all round the place. if you do get wind of any extended springs, balljoint spacers, or uprated torsion bars let me know.

Comment

will do

Comment

Sorry Dude still wanting it but i do know what you mean about crazy prices for them in the shops though!!! glad rich has one!!
                  Last edited by wiggy; 3 September 2009, 15:39.
                  The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

LC Springs will give you 3" of lift add 1.5" ball joint spacers and wind the torsion bars a little add +3" procomp dampers or similar. {lifting the rear will by default lift the front a little}

I would advise a 2" body lift as a 3" lift will cause more hassle than it's worth as 5" total lift is plenty for 33" tyres. {mannual or auto} as theres things to watch for on the mannual.

33s are big enough 35s will kill your gearing and the thing will be crap off road.

Uprated tor bars are a waste of £150 I have lifted half a dozen of these and abused 5" lifted surfs hard off road never had a standard bar fail
                    Last edited by yoshie; 3 September 2009, 15:46.
                    Brian

Comment

Working...
                    X