Pillock moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pillock moment

I think I may have had one with regards to the Gipsy.

Taking into account the fact that she has no electrics whatsoever still intact, (all cabling removed), I should be fine for starting her up and running her just by hooking the starter upto a battery to get her to fire, should I not?

Originally posted by MattF View Post
    I think I may have had one with regards to the Gipsy.

Taking into account the fact that she has no electrics whatsoever still intact, (all cabling removed), I should be fine for starting her up and running her just by hooking the starter upto a battery to get her to fire, should I not?
    cant see why not matt
    i started engines before while they lay on a floor
    so i would say yes
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Cheers. I thought I should be okay, but I do have a tendency to overlook the obvious on occasion, hence the question.
      Last edited by MattF; 2 September 2009, 20:51.

Comment

I don't know whether the Gypsy is petrol or diesel but surely you'll need some electricity for the fuel pump/spark plugs etc ?????

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob View Post

I don't know whether the Gypsy is petrol or diesel but surely you'll need some electricity for the fuel pump/spark plugs etc ?????

Diesel. As basic an engine as it gets.

Comment

Nice one Matt, we have a few Austin Gypsy examples call in at Aeroventure Museum, Its Jeep and Cheerful weekend this 6th september a fewAustin Gs are expected on sunday along with about 50 Wartime jeeps on display, if you want me to ask for any bits availability give me an email by friday as I am on car park duty at the museum so will get to talk to the guys in attendance etc
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Cheers John. If you could ask some of the chaps if there are any suppliers who still stock some spares for these, that would be highly appreciated. Also, if any of them knows where I can get a replacement for the top cover/section of the front crossmember, (Flexitor unit), that would be even better. That devil has rusted through completely, and the one on the spare axle/crossmember I have isn't in much better nick. I'm hoping to avoid having something welded on instead of doing it the original way, with the bolt on method.

p.s: I've come to the conclusion that this Gypsy has it on for me, btw. If anything can go wrong, it does. She'll be turning me into a gibbering wreck soon.

Comment

Matt have you logged on to Milweb ? there are a few MVT members on there etc may be worth a look.
                Will ask on sunday for you and either ring you or email from office next week
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                  Matt have you logged on to Milweb ? there are a few MVT members on there etc may be worth a look.
                  Must admit, I'd never thought of looking on there. I'll have a saunter over.

Will ask on sunday for you and either ring you or email from office next week
                  Cheers John.

Comment

Well, it's only taken me over two years to get her enclosed, but she's in the shed now and safe from the elements whilst I get chance to start on the renovation. She did have a final awkward moment and ####ed oil all over the garden before I got her in though.

Comment

check out this one
                      http://www.scottishmudclub.com/2009/...or-sale/page1/
                      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks View Post
                        I thought he'd only recently bought that? Why is he flogging it already?

Still think they look the nads. Those Lansdowne ones are mint.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
                          I thought he'd only recently bought that? Why is he flogging it already?
                          Thats what I thought.
                          Unless its not the same guy.
                          Saying that how many Gypsy owners can there be in one forum.

Maybe he recons he can make a few quid quickly

£3000 ??
                          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Thats what I thought.
                            Unless its not the same guy.
                            Saying that how many Gypsy owners can there be in one forum.
                            Not that many, I'd guess.

Maybe he recons he can make a few quid quickly

£3000 ??
                            Possibly. They turn up infrequently, hence they can achieve their asking price, as a rule.

Comment

£3000 ??
                              Doesn't say it's £3000, just says 3000. Could be 3000 caramel logs?
                              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Working...
                              X