Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should i do?

Hi all,

I`m new to the forum, in fact i`m new to 4x4 , `i have been looking to buy a 4x4 for a while now, at first i wasn`t sure what to go for in terms of make/model etc .

Anyway i`m 99% sure that i am going to buy a Surf, they look fantastic IMO the way a true 4x4 should look , i have found a couple which are for sale near to me and within my price range , i`v copied the links in (sorry they don`t go straight to the surf Adverts, need to browse through the list).

I guess really i`m looking for opinions , if you guys think they are worth the asking price, and also maybe give any comments or tips before i part with my cash.

I was a bit concerned about the MPG that i might get from the Surf, but i would imagine it would be no worse than my 2.5i V6 Vectra, not sure if this would be right or not.

anyway thanks in advance for any help you can give

http://www.stakefordmotorco.co.uk/_stakeford.htm

http://www.bebsideautoexchange.co.uk/_bebsideaut1.htm

I

I'll tell you what to buy a proper cool surf that can get really MUDDY!!!!!!! OK HAVE YOU GOT THAT.

Comment

Hi Clash, I'd go for the Red one (sorry Burgundy) just by looking at the piccies apart from that metalic grey ones are COMMON.
      On a more serious note make sure its cold when they start it up and look at what comes out of the exhaust, take both out for a good run and listen for any noises from the steering/suspention etc.
      Make sure you get a good warranty which includes the engin.(you may have heard about head problems and yes there are some out there that will suffer but it was a design fault and has now been sorted but still its better to have peace of mind). Play with all the buttons and ask what they do,play with the 4WD and take your time in choosing.
      Most of all enjoy it.
      THE SURF SMILE NEVER GOES AWAY.

sumo.
      If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Hi Clash

welcome aboard mate. Take wour time there's lots of good surfs out there.
        As Sumo says check it all your the one with the money. The red one looks from the first picture like it has a saggy arse. Fairly cheap to sort and may be a good knock down punt.
        Good luck
        Geoff
        Rubblebags (Geoff).

Comment

Out of the 2, the burgundy looks better even with a saggy ass, BUT get a load of the Scooby Legacy, nice motor and quick as doo doo's.
          Have you had a look at the for sales on the forum. You'll find some good uns on there and most have been sorted by the members?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, i`ll be having a look about from next week, and driving a few , so i`ll let you know how i get on.

Comment

Originally posted by Clash
              Thanks for the advice, i`ll be having a look about from next week, and driving a few , so i`ll let you know how i get on.

yep second one is way over priced you should be looking at a 3.0 for that sort
              of money. First one is nice but has a saggy rear end so shocks will need replacaing, something to haggle with.
              Has it been undersealed ?? take for a drive and give the 4wd a work out, just make sure its on some loose stuff, mud etc.
              Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
              My choice
              Back off

Comment

Working...
              X