any paint sprayers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any paint sprayers

just wanted to knwo if there are any paint sprayers in the south east area?

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
    Am fairly sure there will be a few hundred
    Brian

Comment

Isn't south east where brokendownvan comes from?
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
        Isn't south east where brokendownvan comes from?
        yep

Comment

i can point you in the direction of guy,v good but v expensive

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
            i can point you in the direction of guy,v good but v expensive
            Cheers BDT but i know v good but v expensive sprayers. i wanted v good but reasonably priced sprayers!
            but at the mo they are all saying its costing loads to have thing sprayed because the price of paint has gone through the roof recently? is that true?

Comment

Cheers BDT but i know v good but v expensive sprayers. i wanted v good but reasonably priced sprayers!
              Cost is relative, you get exactly what you pay for.
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

You can nip to B+Q and get a tin of gloss and a paintbrush quite cheaply... You can spend thousands on a professional respray. The difference in cost is huge, but so is the result.

If you want a respray, have you considered a self - prep. look in your yellow pages for motor body shops. If you do a self prep, the average is about £150 - 200. Maybe a bit more for a Surf as it will use more paint and take a bit longer. I'd be surprised if it cost more than £250 if you shop around. You could even ask at other garages who do not do body work for recomendations.

The self prep side is going to cost a bit in sundries, but probably no more than £50 - £100 depending on how much needs doing and a lot of time.

The more time you spend on the preparation the better the outcome. The job is afterall 90% preparation.

Comment

but at the mo they are all saying its costing loads to have thing sprayed because the price of paint has gone through the roof recently? is that true?
                  its to do with the law changing,everyone has just switched to waterbased paint,which u require diffrent reducers for etc,so everyone is starting from scratch,the guy who is doing mine in black just quoted a mate of mine 3500 to respray a lwb shogun,but then he only does show finish paint jobs which are actually better finish than most car makers,ie no orange peel
                  Originally posted by SoundsDigital View Post
                  You can nip to B+Q and get a tin of gloss and a paintbrush quite cheaply... You can spend thousands on a professional respray. The difference in cost is huge, but so is the result.

If you want a respray, have you considered a self - prep. look in your yellow pages for motor body shops. If you do a self prep, the average is about £150 - 200. Maybe a bit more for a Surf as it will use more paint and take a bit longer. I'd be surprised if it cost more than £250 if you shop around. You could even ask at other garages who do not do body work for recomendations.

The self prep side is going to cost a bit in sundries, but probably no more than £50 - £100 depending on how much needs doing and a lot of time.

The more time you spend on the preparation the better the outcome. The job is afterall 90% preparation.
                  self prep is ok,but if u have never done it before,u will eith take it to paint shop and they will laugh/paint yr prep which may be wrong,or may look good but then the paint lifts a few months down the line

Comment

Working...
                  X