2.4lt vs 3.0lt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4lt vs 3.0lt

just wanted to know how the 2.4's stacked up against the 3.0's.
    im aware that the heads are prone to crack on the 2.4's but is that about the only major concern with them? im assuming the rest of the truck is mechanically sound like the 3.0's and as a toyota should be.
    do they share most of their parts? suspension, anchillaries etc etc?

reason i ask is becasue i was thinking of buying a Gen 2 twin cab pick up 2.4lt and i was thinking of putting a 3.0lt engine in it.
    or is it so different under the bonnet that its not just a straight swap?

i dont want to buy the twin cab and do it up only for the head to crack. rather just do the engine swap for peace of mind and power.

undoubtedly your going to get a very one sided set of answers I think....

For the most part one this forum, everyone I believe is going to recommend a 3.0 over a 2.4ltr

As for fitment, I have had no experience with these engines or twin cabs for that matter to even begin to think how hard or easy they are to fit
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

I think the anchovies are the same. The 3.0 are better cos we have bigger d1cks, and we dont overheat so much.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        I think the anchovies are the same. The 3.0 are better cos we have bigger d1cks, and we dont overheat so much.
        i naturally came to this conclusion aswell.

however it would be nice for a factual reply in regards to both trucks reliablity and how they compare mechanically and not .............erm........engine illy ?

so no #### heads please!

Comment

2.4's get cracked heads, 3.0's get cracked heads. If you want a 3.0L in there, stop looking for excuses to give the wife and just do the swap. You'll need all of the loom, the ECU etc from the 3.0L though if you do swap.

Btw, with regards to the head cracking issue. I've said it before and I'll say it again. (Like I really need an excuse to get the soapbox out ). I still think it's down to the level of maintenance on the vehicle over its lifespan rather than the engine itself.

Comment

...and the bigger dicks
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

...and the bigger dicks
              The real men don't need to brag.

Comment

With 2nd gens most of the parts (apart from the engine ) are the same. 3Litres just have a bit more umph , BUT both will crack heads if the cooling system is not looked after 2.4's are more susceptible when the waterpump fails as there is a known issue with some of the heads that Toyota will not admit too
                ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

...and the bigger dicks

Yes driving them
                  ' You've arrived on a rather special night. It's one of the master's affairs.'

Comment

In fact, just to give you 3.0L chaps something to p1sstake at even more than the usual 2.4 owner, have I mentioned at all that I've, (to all intents and purposes), turned my 2.4TD into a 2.4NA for 95% of its driving life?

Comment

Originally posted by BioHazard View Post
                      Yes driving them

Comment

by the way my second post was meant to say "pi$$ heads"! the swear filter blocked it out and it could've looked like i was calling you a "d!ck head" lol which i wasnt! just so you know. i love you really. big boy x

anyway.....i have a 3.0lt donor surf so i got all the bits.
                        did they do a 3.0ly twin cab pick up??? if not then i think toyota were silly not to give the pick up the more powerfull engine as its clearly built as more of a work horse. which will suit me perfect for my work. save my surf getting dirty inside now lol.

shame they are sohard to come by the twin cabs. i love them i do's.

Comment

Originally posted by goodcat View Post
                          shame they are sohard to come by the twin cabs. i love them i do's.
                          Whatever's your perversion
                          Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

lol, Saturday night seem's a bad night to of picked for some advice
                            If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Comment

big juicy cabs!

two of them! in the shape of twins!

Comment

Working...
                              X