X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1st mot

well it failed on the following.
    mot tester had his rs in is hand...

my mate dave works at a garage had cars mot,d there before no probs. took the surf in mot tester called dave over said that both front anti roll bar bushes had split so would put down as an advisory, the rear fog lamp didn,t work either, dave took the fog lamp apart ( rusty terminal ) cleaned them up .. fog lamp worked as the mot tester came out the office dave said fixed the lamp. to late he said i failed it, and walked off.

w-nker or what.

thats all it failed on anyway so not to bad, wheres best to get from rough tracks or milners, i,ll check anyways..
    i x toyoyta surf 1 x toyota supra mk3 turbo auto

Can't really blame the tester. Common sense says to check all lights are working before you go for a MOT, and with the new system there's sod all they can do once they've processed the MOT.

Lack of prepping and inspection ain't the testers fault.

Comment

So, not sure what the problem is. Or does this MOT garage charge for retests? My MOT garage does retests for free as long as it's within a fortnight.

Mind you, sounds he could have been a bit more helpful.
      Paul </Slugsie>
      Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
        Can't really blame the tester. Common sense says to check all lights are working before you go for a MOT, and with the new system there's sod all they can do once they've processed the MOT.

Lack of prepping and inspection ain't the testers fault.
        oh i agree it was just the fact that he was going to put bushes as advisory, the fog lamp works, my mate got his own back. the mot place gets paid £10 per mot they do, a couple of people phoned my mate to get mot,s done, he told them not to bother, so he lost £20.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugsie View Post
          So, not sure what the problem is. Or does this MOT garage charge for retests? My MOT garage does retests for free as long as it's within a fortnight.

Mind you, sounds he could have been a bit more helpful.

no they do free retest, just the fact that he need not have failed it after all they,ll still get the work for putting new bushed in

Comment

Working...
          X