Surf Decal removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Decal removal

Just thought I'd let you know lads (even though you all know this already) that after buying 3 different so called adhesive removers I have found that feckin PETROL is the best liquid to remove the evil stuff.
    After struggling with one particular spray 'solution' for an hour I went to the local petrol station & got 2 ltrs of the stuff & quickly realised it kicked ass.
    So there it is, petrol & serious elbow work. Dont waste your money on anything else.

Doesn't petrol strip laquer?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

In my experience as long as you thoroughly clean the surface with a de-greaser after applying the petrol its fine.

Comment

....petrol like what i said

Comment

True enough Ava banana you did mention petrol on the other thread. Should have listened to you in 1st place, would have saved a few quid.

Comment

caramel wheel

Comment

use one of them and it ll take the glue off as well save £££££££ on patrol

Comment

did i mantion a caramel wheel that ll do the job

Comment

or you could do it the hard way and then use petrol to get the glue off.but i did it the easy way and used a caramel wheel . did i say you should of used a caramel wheel

Comment

hello can any body hear me

Comment

kin ell

Comment

Your not alone, both Albannach, and myself mentioned them.

In fact every time that someone asks "how do I get my decals off"? Some one will suggest a caramel wheel, but for some reason no one ever believes them. I think it may be the name "caramel wheel" that does it, they think we're pulling their leg. But there really is an item called a caramel wheel, and it's job is to remove decals (and their adhesive) without damaging the paintwork.
                        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Hey steve have you ever heard of a carmel wheel?

Comment

yep

Comment

Hey Maverick its not the name that puts me off. Ive heard that they can damage paintwork quite badly if your not familiar with them, like me.
                              I have one side of the surf sorted so I might give this caramel wheel thing a go on the other side.
                              By the way, why is it called a caramel wheel?

Comment

Working...
                              X