Stereo changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereo changed

Well, after lots of thread searching, reading, reading and more reading, I changed my stereo today without asking one question, top forum this.
    What amazed me though was on removing the old stereo I expected to see an ISO connector since it was a JVC single dinn which certainly didn't look factory fit, Oh how wrong was I, who ever fitted the jvc (or the owner before them) rewired toyota's original wiring with allsorts of multi coloured wires for example the red, yellow and black wires from the surf were actually some of the spreaker wires , pink with green dashes was the aerial power etc all wires soldered with lashings of insulation tape, still all done now thankfully + no bits of dash board broken and no spare parts left over (allways a bonus). Have taped a list of which wires are for what under the dash, at least the next poor bugger after me will know whats what (if there is one).
    Neal

Hi glad yours went ok!! have mine setup with only the front speakers as some muppet disconnected the back ones and havent had time to check if there is a break in the wire or i just have got the wrong cable codes. If all else fails can i just jump the back speakers from the front ones or do i need to go through the amp?
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
      or do i need to go through the amp?
      You need to go through the amp for the rear speakers if it's the original Toyota set up mate.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Oky Dokes then thats that one sorted ta very much and is there a way to test the amp works? Just wanted to ask before i start tracing wires to check for breaks Thanks again in advance

Comment

Originally posted by wiggy View Post
          Oky Dokes then thats that one sorted ta very much and is there a way to test the amp works? Just wanted to ask before i start tracing wires to check for breaks Thanks again in advance
          Wiggy, here's a workaround that might help you if you can't sort it.
          http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30496

I think Mattf posted a link to some diagrams that might help you as well at the bottom.
          Neal

Comment

Thats great will have a look at it again next week & thanks for the link not very good with electrics!!

Comment

I'm going to start a proper ICE thread soon
              Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                I'm going to start a proper ICE thread soon
                sure u wanna go there??ask steve/lucifer how loud my sstereo is

Comment

i sell surf radio looms, original plugs and about 5 inches of loom £20 inc p+p email snailpaceracing@btconnect.com
                  JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    sure u wanna go there??ask steve/lucifer how loud my sstereo is
                    Mine will trounce yours in both SPL and SQ. So yes, I do really really want to go there

Comment

Mine will trounce yours in both SPL and SQ. So yes, I do really really want to go there
                      i never had u "down"as the type lol,i really shud get some pics up of the new subs

Comment

i've been wanting to change the stereo for ages. i like having some decent sounds that you can crank right up for the motorway journeys. but after my friend spent a whole day changing his stereo, and seeing the state of it afterwards i've never bothered!

Shalershasker, when are you next available?!
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i never had u "down"as the type lol,i really shud get some pics up of the new subs
                          I'm full of surprises.

Aye, bang a pic of your new subs up, let us see them. And your amps while you're at it.

Comment

I'm full of surprises.

Aye, bang a pic of your new subs up, let us see them. And your amps while you're at it.
                            which amp,i have 2?

Comment

I'm full of surprises.

which amp,i have 2?
                              The last time I looked, 'amps' was plural. That tends to mean more than one? Both amps (with specs) and your subs. I'll start my thread at the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X