Vac hoses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vac hoses

What type of hose would be suitable for use in the engine bay on the vac lines? Been thinking of giving bog standard aquarium airline a try, but not sure if it will be happy with the temps.

Already tried single wall automotive air/fuel hose, but the ends of that stuff perish quicker than you'd imagine when used on the vac lines, for some unknown reason, so looking for a viable and readily available alternative.

Cheers.

decent vac lines from a scrapper?
    Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
      decent vac lines from a scrapper?
      I'm after a good length of fresh stuff so that I can play around with lengths/runs and will also have some left to put in the spare hose collection too.

Comment

you never said that.
        Alan

Comment

try here

www.surflonglengthsofvachosesrus.com
          Alan

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF View Post
            you never said that.
            That would have been too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
              What type of hose would be suitable for use in the engine bay on the vac lines?
              Vacuum hose. No idea who stocks it over there, so try and find a place that has it on a roll and sells by the metre. This is usually cheaper to buy than pre packaged stuff. Look for a hose that is hard to compress between thumb and finger. Down here there is stuff they call combination washer/vacuum hose which is quite soft, thin walled and not good for vacuum hose so look for something with a heavy wall.

Nev

Comment

do you have a Kevin Coopers up by you? cos they sell it think it only about a £5 for a couple of metres.
                it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

£1.25 a meter ? from toyota real stuff too
                  am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    Vacuum hose. No idea who stocks it over there, so try and find a place that has it on a roll and sells by the metre. This is usually cheaper to buy than pre packaged stuff. Look for a hose that is hard to compress between thumb and finger. Down here there is stuff they call combination washer/vacuum hose which is quite soft, thin walled and not good for vacuum hose so look for something with a heavy wall.
                    Well, I feel a right muppet now. Didn't think it would be called anything that obvious. That's about the only term I haven't searched for so far.

I tried some hose which sounds similar to that combination hose the other week. It just collapses as soon as you get it near the vacuum system. Nice and pliable but sod all use.

Originally posted by drunkmonkeyboy View Post
                    do you have a Kevin Coopers up by you?
                    Not that I know of. Can't say as that sounds familiar.

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                    That's not a bad price. Is that the same as the stuff that's already on the Surf? You wouldn't happen to have their part code for it would you?

Btw, cheers chaps.

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK View Post
                      Nothing worse than thon fake pipe!
                      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

its the same stuff dude
                        am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

I use this stuff had no problems so far and bit of bling for the engine bay!!!!
                          http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Silicone-Vacuu...d=p3286.c0.m14

Comment

Working...
                          X