dog guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dog guard

just had a phone call saying our new pup has just been born. so I need to get a decent dog guard in the surf to prevent a 3-ton mutt flying through the air etc.

ideally I'd like one that doesn't mean i have to remove the internal 'window blind' luggage cover.

Any recommendations etc greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Draig; 25 September 2003, 00:27.
    Dave

I recommend a thing called a Barjo Kennel, it's totally self contained and needs no screws or fittings, it folds flat, and can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle, also can be used anywhere you want it. http://www.barjo.co.uk/Feb03/content/Products/cikr.htm
    Try this link.
    John
    http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

silver surfer has the right idea - we saw these at a dog show and will be getting one when OUR pup is born - what breed is it? (although weighing that much is it really a dog!!!)
      i saw some in a local pet shop for about half the price though but if you know any metalworking type people they will make one for you probably cheaper - especially if you can flog a load to us!!
      Happy pup times!!

Lou

PS don't forget to post some piccies of the new arrival

Comment

Dog Guard

Got a similar thing from ARGOS last week...costs about £30

We've have a Springer Spaniel and she fits in with Bags of room to spare.

Folds flat (about 4" high) when not in use and comes with it's own plastic bottom tray to catch 'any little accidents'

Before that we tried to find a dog guard to go over the back seat but the car is too high for the standard type of estate vehicle dog guards from Halfords etc.....my dog just pushed them out of the way in search of chocolate!

Comment

ok ok I admit it - I exaggerated the weight a little. it's a Briard (see pic of our old one). about the size of a small Dulux dog!

The ones in the pet shop are crap - i did see one that didn't have the drop-down legs so it wouldn't get in the way of the rear cover - but I lost the address (silly me).

I've got 8 weeks to sort one out so it looks like a trip to a dog show for me. mind you, that's the reason why we bought the surf - I needed space to take the dog to dog shows - least that's what I told my mob!!

I'll post pic of the new baby asap - not as good as my Surf though
          Last edited by Draig; 26 September 2003, 00:30.
          Dave

Comment

Good choice - my brother in law has a briard and she's just gorgeous - once you get over the size!!
            I think I like them so much cause they remind me of Sesame Street characters, they are a little "flollopy".
            Have you got a name yet? We are hoping to get our spanish water dog before christmas and are currently awaiting confimation of pregnancy - nailbiting time huh!!
            Any of you guys with suggestions for names,spanish sounding preferably, male or female as we don't know yet what sex we'll be getting(probably none with a puppy watching), please suggest away!!

Lou

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
              we don't know yet what sex we'll be getting (probably none with a puppy watching), please suggest away!!

Lou
              Lou, now that was really funny.

good luck with it, know exactly what you're going through as we've reached second stage of at least they're born.

Yea we got a name - if it's the Fawn bitch it'll be called Pern, if it's the black one then probably Raven. we wont know which one we're having for about another 3 weeks - at least we know we got one though - been waiting 9 months at least.

we used to show them years ago - the one above is our last one - Murphy - they are rather cute - and once you've had one you always want one i think. nice to know someone's heard of them rather than a "you what" reaction

bang up a pic of your pup - although we've bred dogs etc I've got no experience with them spanish water dog thingies.

Although the name Conchita just doesn't seem to roll off the tongue, I'll have a think on some other Spanish-sounding names.
              Dave

Comment

hiya Draig
                Have a look at estrellana or pemontell websites-both www. . co.uk thingies - they don't moult very like Briards - unfortunately our home and garden are just a little too small for one! we found them quite by accident at the beginning of the year and are hooked - i'm even building a pond (not for fish, for the dog!!)
                we went up to N Yorks recently with them and the amount of people saying "my god look at the size of that" was incredible.
                She was really good with my step grandaughter too - followed her about all day on sunday, nose to nappy!
                Oooh Can't wait til my pup arrives!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpledoris
                  Any of you guys with suggestions for names,spanish sounding preferably, male or female as we don't know yet what sex we'll be getting(probably none with a puppy watching), please suggest away!!

Lou
                  Lou

If it's a male call it Hose-A or femail Hose-B

Lou

Comment

I was told that Briards don't moult - that was when we got our 1st one 20 years ago! (actually they don't really moult that much - specially if you keep them shaved - err, sorry I mean brushed) but I wasn't told that brushing could take some time - still - I got the wife for that job!

only problem was - ours loved water. ponds, pools rivers, lakes etc. if we couldn't find him in the house, we'd look in the bathroom - he was usually sitting in the bath waiting for the water to be turned on!

best was the times he'd jump in the bath when it was full - of water and wife hehehehe
                    Dave

Comment

Draig

Have another look at the Barjo site that Silversurfer recommended at the beginning of this chain - they do custom made dog guards to fit any vehicle, as well as the kennel things http://www.barjo.co.uk/Feb03/content/Products/cbdgd.htm
                      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

barjo

hi mate i have just had my surf fitted out by barjos so they now have the plan for ure surf i was there 4 hours measureing it up . ive allways used barjo and there great i show dobermanns so i need a good strong set up it cost me 400 pounds but u can get just the rear guard . i had all the lot double doors in back divider everthing but me dobes love it with the window down lol mark
                        black n tan
                        black n tan
                        yes i am a dobermann man

Comment

PurpleD how about Corazon, {I can't remember the spelling} Anyway it means heart, and could easily be shortened to Cora. Conchita, Rosita, Juan, Jesus, or maybe Vamos, might suit.

Vaya con dios,

John
                          http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

We just trained our dog to stay in the back. Given that he doesn't seem to be trainable in any other way shape or form it was quite an achievement
                            [color=darkorange]
                            [font=Comic Sans MS][size=3]Nick
                            1994 3L Turbo. Manual. SSR-X Limited[/size][/font]
                            [/color]

Comment

BarJO is made up from Barbara and Joan, Barbara "Walkies" Woodhouse, and Joan Cudd, both no longer with us.
                              Not many people know that!!
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X