Applecross / Skye Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applecross / Skye Trip

Had a great weekend away on the Applecross / Skye trip. The weather was poor but the company and scenery were fantastic.

It's always tricky meeeting new people but everyone was so friendly and it was great putting faces to names. I'd especially like to thank Brian and Annie for the warm welcome to their home.

The Wigwams were okay to stay in, dry and warm, although the rat in the wall on Friday night was a bit scary!

Saturday was fantastic and the drive over the Pass Of The Cattle was truly breath taking!

The journey home on Sunday was a nightmare! Road works on the M74 and torrential rain made driving very difficult, 10 hours to get home!

Anyway, just like to say thanks again to everyone for a brilliant weekend. Sorry we couldn't say goodbye to everyone on Sunday morning but I hear some people were having a lie in suffering a hangover!

Pictures to follow..........
    'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

glad it went well, Saturday weather wasnt that bad!?
    we were up in Glen Sheil - Kintail and I could see Applecross from the top of the mountain we climbed and was thinking of you guys, didnt spot any surf convoys when we were out and about though

did you drive up the track to mast at the top of the pass?
    Landcruiser Colorado
    Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post
      Oh yes! Well not me actually, but the temptation was too great for almost everyone else though.
      'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Glad you had a good time, looking forward to the pics.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

My pics here
          Brian

Comment

Hello Yoshie, did you take the A bar and angel eye spots off my old truck ?looks like you had a good trip Guys ! good pics as well
            Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
              Oh yes! Well not me actually, but the temptation was too great for almost everyone else though.
              my landcruiser couldn't resist it either in June!
              fantastic pass

enjoyed the photos
              Landcruiser Colorado
              Sub. Forester

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                Hello Yoshie, did you take the A bar and angel eye spots off my old truck ?looks like you had a good trip Guys ! good pics as well
                He also lost the sidesteps.
                Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Good grief yes ! anything else ?
                  Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Originally posted by andycook View Post

You mean this one ?

Taken from parking area at bottom of hill (spot the defender)

Deizel Weazel just arriving at top of track

The rest of the pics are Here

Have to 2nd Scorpions Comments we had a great weekend away and the sights and scenery were fantastic.

Thanks to Brian and Annie for the warm welcome to their home and the coffee on arrival, and everyone else from the SMC for making us feel at home throughout the weekend

Comment

Was a pleasure to meet and spend time with you and your good lady big fella, your welcome back anytime.
                      Jim same to you mate hope to meet up a again soon.
                      Jess your up here more than at home so we don't get a choice with you
                      Lets get the next one planned
                      Brian

Comment

Hi guys, just like to say we had a great time and enjoyed meeting you all, just been looking at the pics on here and they are amazing, some of the best pictures of scotland i have ever seen. Thanks to Brian for arranging this trip and sorry your stay was cut short, hope all is well. We enjoyed the company and the chat. had lots of laughs, hope to see you all again soon. p.s Andy(Albannach) is sorting our pics so they will be on soon.
                        Last edited by Giggle Queen; 26 August 2009, 00:44.

Comment

Our Pics HERE
                          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I like this pic

Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Aye thats the one Growler,
                              there was a nice camping spot 1/2 way up - had to use the centre difflock on the first steep part as wheels spun out on the LC90
                              Attached Files
                              Landcruiser Colorado
                              Sub. Forester

Comment

Working...
                              X