Roughtrax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roughtrax

Anyone dealt with them on a bargaining level? I'm about to spend 480 quid and would like to haggle!!!!

Would you walk into a shop and haggle when buying something from them?

Comment

Depending on what I'm buying and where from.
      I've found asking for a price for cash works especialy if they can see you've got the cash with you. If they dont want to play pay with your credit card.
      I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Don't think R-traxs is that kind of shop mate. Besides, the prices are quite reasonable & good quality + they deliver in double quick time.

Stop being a tight ar$e.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I had some joker (no not that Joker) bidding me 14 quid for stuff that was 14.50. I told him to get another hobby. I dont mind people asking for discount, as 'nothing ventured nothing gained' but is does bug me a bit when, having been told no, then go on to make stupid offers. Newflash- shops generally dont pluck numbers out of the air when pricing stuff. Also, saying 'I can get it for half that down the road' is not helpful to negotiations, especially when clearly you cannot get it down the road at any price.
          I have just spent close to 600 quid at Roughtrax and didn't ask for any discount(). If you want to barter, go to a car boot, a horse fair, or the middle east. HTH
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

relax people it was just a question if you dont ask you dont get, being that there is a credit crunch on blah blah blah I wasnt asking for a pint of blood ffs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by noobysurfer View Post
              relax people it was just a question if you dont ask you dont get, being that there is a credit crunch on blah blah blah I wasnt asking for a pint of blood ffs!!!
              Fair do's
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

When making one-off type purchases, or spending what you view as a largish amount of cash, its always worth a bit of haggling.
                Maybe you wouldnt walk in to a shop and haggle over your groceries, but whats wrong with walking into a shop and trying to haggle over a new telly or a washing machine ?
                Im sure shops dont just pluck prices out of the air, but pricing depends on the shop and the item. Low turnover items will usually have a high profit margin, so a bit of haggling can produce a result for both seller and buyer.
                Who has ever bought a car, at the original "asking" price for example? Not many I,d guess

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Working...
                X