Just thought i'd share

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just thought i'd share

As i could'nt go to santa pod (well pi$$ed off) some pics of my latest models etc, finally (nearly) finished the glass cabinet to stick the models in, wired some leds up into strip lights foe each shelf, and made em switchable to white, red, blue (or any combination, and a switch for the lights in the models, heads, tail, spots etc, finished the caddy big scale V16, heads, tails, dash and rear pass lights work,

also bought these two pre made (and badly painted, small pics) models, mainly for the subjects, one is a 65 rivera "barris" custom, the other is a old's 442 cutlass (the brown one) the riv was hand painted in silver with yellowing laqure so stripped it and rebuilt, paint is spray silver with red laquer over and clear top, also found some "bare metal foil" from the usa which allows me to do a half decent job of chrome trim etc, much better than my shakey hand silver paint attemps, finally the 68-9 rivera is sopposed to be a replica of the riv i had some years back, tried to keep to the colours i did it in, the paint is B&Q pearl effect which gives a red/pink effect in certain angles and light green in others, sprayed this over white base with clear top, my old riv had similar paint but the flake was green/blue in sunlight,
    no working lights on these as the heads on the riv (real one) were air (vacume) opperated on a swivel arrangement, and the model's not got em,
    so aint been slacking
    Attached Files
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

f**king amazing!!!!

Comment

Cool
      Live the dream.......

Comment

That's a lovely job Ian.

Comment

Hehe, how much of that paint you got left Ian?
          The noddy colours are fast becoming your home kit!
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

lovely ian,sorry u couldnt make it mate

Comment

Nice work as usual Ian, I'd like my truck painted that red, the one on the stripped bodyshell, sweet.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Cheers all, much apprecieated, was it a good day Andy? really sorry i could'nt make it, like i said hopeing to be working in brighton mon so will drop the tenner in, if not it'll be in the post, mostley my own fault tho, although paypal really dropped me in it, how they can take payments from a card i removed (or though i had) i dont know!
                the red on the body shell is just Tamiya clear colour red and orange mixed over B&Q hobby bright silver, this foil sheet really makes a difference tho a lot easier to do the window trim, door handles etc, much better than silver paint, moulds over fine detail a treat, trim with a scaple and buff up witha cotton bud,
                Noddy colours! if your gonna do it make it colourfull
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

was good mate,fairly quiet but it was a rwyb day aswell some lovely motors going down there

Comment

Working...
                  X