No announcement yet.

@ yoshie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im trying to do a truck like this, but i want mine to be road legal so its really hard to design and work it all out, one wrong move and the dvla will sva test it and give me grief.
    Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
      im trying to do a truck like this, but i want mine to be road legal so its really hard to design and work it all out, one wrong move and the dvla will sva test it and give me grief.
      Simple rules to follow.. Keep the tyres covered! Dont have any sharp pointy bits on.. Then try an keep the rest as stock as possible!

Comment

there is a lot more too it than that. such as if you touch the chassis in any way by lenthening or shortening you will be tugged for testing. its hard but my rear overhang should be disappearing enough without the need to shorten the chassis.
        Completely bitten by the off road bug, and what better vehicle to do it in!

Comment

Originally posted by Cooler View Post
          there is a lot more too it than that. such as if you touch the chassis in any way by lenthening or shortening you will be tugged for testing. its hard but my rear overhang should be disappearing enough without the need to shorten the chassis.
          I know it gets more complex...

But So what?! The SVA (or replacement test whatever they're calling it.. ) will be checking to see if its safe.. Which it will be because all the work will be comptently carried out! The easy ones to make a mistake on will be having the tyres too exposed or some sharp section from some metal work/body adjustments!

On the whole the brake system.. engine.. an therefore emissions etc are all going to be well within SVA regulations so you've nothing to really worry about!

Comment

is there a website with all the things they are likely to look at and so on
            i.e
            how much of the wheel can be exposed and so on.

so that means there are 5 going to be made so far anyone else
            Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

all i get from googling is the Official Site of the Scottish Volleyball Association.
              Show me where the trench is at or can i make one!

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie.t View Post
                all i get from googling is the Official Site of the Scottish Volleyball Association.

http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roads/vehi...approvalscheme

Have a browse at that mate... To be honest. Common sense will dicate whats acceptable an whats a total no-go as you progress with the build.

Conveyer belt material makes a great 'wheel arch' that could easily be removed if need be when you dont want/need them!

Comment

Working...
                X