No announcement yet.

Help...!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whatever you do dont put 12v to the spill control valve on the fuel pump,you will fudge it.ive pressure washed my surf god knows how many times and i must say,i always take care with the pressure cleaner around the electrical bits,ive never had a problem with it starting afterwards.have you checked the plug that sits ontop of the crank sensor?????
    Last edited by surfenstein; 24 August 2009, 13:12.
    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Cant see it being ECU - unless you pressure washed the passenger footwell!

I'm with a couple of the others - water in a connector, or a dodgy wire finished off by the spray of water. Bummer though!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

when i've pressure washed my engine bay i always leave the engine running while doing it and then leave it running for 10mins after just to make sure everything is dried out and i've never had a problem with mine
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

My thoughts are that if it wasn't the ecu at least i would get an error on the warning light if say the crank sensor was faulty or waterlogged, but i get nothing. No engine check light at all.
          Everything else comes on charge light, at temp light, fuel gauge etc
          and she cranks over, just not the signals to give her life.
          She has power to the ecu, i have checked all that.
          I did read that phantom had the same issues and a repaired ecu fixed it so i think spending £30 for the doctor to tell me its ok is money well spent.
          I also think that washing it was just coincedence.....i hope.
          Remember arrows are silent.....................
          Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Update .........

Well the good doctor phoned this morning and the patient is going under the knife this afternoon.
            The 5v rail was shot so no power to send and recieve signals from any of the sensors or drive the brain.
            He cannot believe that washing and flooding the wiring could cause this and thinks that her age caused fragility
            and the shock of being loved and washed overcame her.......

Its gunna cost me £180 to get her back but its worth it the smegs on the bus are doing my head in......
            I worked out that its 12 miles to work at 22p a mile there and back = £5.28
            The bus takes twice as long it smells and the drivers are looneys and it costs £2.60 each way thats a 8p less
            than me truck for way more time and pain.
            Remember arrows are silent.....................
            Don't forget to tell everyone its indestructable as seen on top gear.......

Comment

Working...
            X