@bps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @bps

What exactly are the regulations regarding new electrical wiring?

Are they like the gas regs where you can do it yourself, but need a registered pro to verify the installation. Or does the whole job need to be done by a registered spark?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

You need to be part P qualified.

You can repair existing circuits, or add to existing circuits as long as they are not in hazardous areas. These are kitchens, bathrooms, anywhere where water is, outbuildings, or external spaces.

Really you should do a proper apprenticship course, and get the correct qualifications before touching anything electrical. Because electricity if dealt with incorrectly can cause serious problems, and death.

I'm trying not to quote yourself here, but if your not sure don't touch it.
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
      Really you should do a proper apprenticship course, and get the correct qualifications before touching anything electrical. Because electricity if dealt with incorrectly can cause serious problems, and death.

I'm trying not to quote yourself here, but if your not sure don't touch it.
      Where did I say I was going to do anything? I only asked about the electrical regulations as I was surprised at the gas ones.

Comment

It was a general reply, aimed slightly at yourself if you were going to do any work, but also at anyone else that may read this.

I just skimmed over the regs, there are more, and they get more involved, to the point where even tho I did a three year course I am nolonger allowed to do work on my own home.

Although thinking about it I could have just given you completely wrong information, because your in Scotland and they may have different regs.
        Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

http://www.theiet.org/publishing/wir...ations/part-p/
          私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

No mention of Scotland though. We may have totally different regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              It was a general reply, aimed slightly at yourself if you were going to do any work,
              Directly I'd say, which I don't mind, comes with the territory. But make sure you're having a go for the right, or real, reason and not a perceived one.

Comment

I like your new avatar Gordon, especially the way it links Americans and tits

Comment

Working...
                X