Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Equippe/trojan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitsubishi Shogun Sport Equippe/trojan

I aam looking for a replacement for my surf-insurance write off. has anyone even owned a shogun 2.5 and if so would you recommend.

i did see a surf the exact same as mine in autotrader at the weekend but it was gone when i phoned-otherwise i would be back to surfdom. was teh buyer fromther by any chance-was a navy 1995 N reg- good value at£2k

I recently put a gearbox in a intercooled 2.5TD 97' Challenger (Shogun Sport) for a friend, felt slow and sounded like a old pickup.

every seal was leaking, axles, t/case, gearbox, etc....

Pretty inside, wood trim, lots of cubby holes and nice dash, but mechanically rubbish...

Get another Surf, they are worth it
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Never like the Shogun Sport, too girly.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

i think they look nice but ultimately looks mean nothing. i am gutted at loosing my surf-apart from being the bets car i eve had it saved all our lives when we crashed. looked for another but very few for sale unless you go for a new non imprt flatbed twin cab type.

had a look at algys import anyone used them?

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN View Post
          I recently put a gearbox in a intercooled 2.5TD 97' Challenger (Shogun Sport) for a friend, felt slow and sounded like a old pickup.

every seal was leaking, axles, t/case, gearbox, etc....

Pretty inside, wood trim, lots of cubby holes and nice dash, but mechanically rubbish...

Get another Surf, they are worth it
          Totally agree with this, I nearly gave up on the surf at one point because I was allways missing them by a day or two or simply could not get to view them so started looking elsewhere, Shoguns (various types import or otherwise including the sport) even tried a couple of discovery's, looked at probably five or six Sports of varying ages and every one had at least one leak from any one of the areas listed by TonyN, also it seemed to me at least as though the 2.5 was a bit underpowered, that said i have a friend who has one (4.0?? i think???) and has had trouble free motoring for nearly two and half years and loves it. For me personally the best allrounder was by far the Surf.
          Neal

Comment

Why do u think so many people miss there surfs when they get rid????? Cos they are a great truck

Comment

mine was an unintentaional get rid-and i am begining to think that i will replace it with another surf!!! problem is finding one

Comment

not too sure if i would replace my surf .i hate the electric rear window and find the seating position uncomfortable like the fact that in over 4 years its been 100% reliable apart from having to replace one battery its a 2.4 so m/way driving is slow about 80 max on the other hand my isuzu (3.1)is great on m/ways a fantastic tow car very comfortable driving position and in about 18 months very reliable but its not a toyota not sure if i have been brainwashed and think toyotas are better than they are i suppose only time will tell if my isuzu is as good as my surf .another good point with the surf as some of you will im sure agree is that its fantastic off road even in standard form would like to try my isuzu but cant bring my self to scratch up both cars .if the surf goes to the scrap yard before the isuzu then that will drop down a notch and become my work/off road car then well see what its made of

Comment

Working...
                X