Ahhhh....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahhhh....

Only had my Surf for just over a week, have just come back from work this morning and the lorry in front threw up some gravel from it's wheels, now got two chips in the windscreen, bloooooomin marvellous.
    Neal

I believe the 4 runner screen fits so not too bad to find a replasement but non the less a right pi$$er, you could try that "autoglass" repair thing i've seen on tv
    Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

your insurance not cover you? When i bought my surf there were two chips on it that have been fixed, they are fine now. Get it sorted now and it will save you from beggaring up your whole windscreen in the long run

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
        your insurance not cover you? When i bought my surf there were two chips on it that have been fixed, they are fine now. Get it sorted now and it will save you from beggaring up your whole windscreen in the long run
        Yes mate, going to phone them in a bit to have the chips stopped/plugged (what ever it is they do), mind you, this only happened about 200 yards from my house and just in that distance there are small fractures traveling from the chips, guess I'm not going anywhere for a while till it's done.
        The other anoying thing about it is in 16 years of driving I've never had to make a claim, not happy..
        Neal

Comment

Why not go out and make the chips bigger then so they are big cracks, when they fix the windscreen u can still see the chips very clearly, its just that they have been filled. You sure the claim will count for a cracked windscreen?

Comment

Originally posted by Cant Get Right View Post
            Why not go out and make the chips bigger then so they are big cracks, when they fix the windscreen u can still see the chips very clearly, its just that they have been filled. You sure the claim will count for a cracked windscreen?
            All done now, luckily the chip on the drivers side is low down and not really in view when driving. Never had this done before, very interesting the way these chips are repaired yet very simple.
            Neal

Comment

Glad its sorted

Comment

Working...
              X